Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

DIY OBA sources other than Kilby?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jason m 
#1 ·
Seems like Kilby has been bought out by "C U Offroad" I'm a bit upset as the new site is very bare bones. I was going to build up another system but you can't even click on any of their photos to see what part #s they are listing.

I am looking at ordering the fittings(# 4. *28723 Flange Fittings *$50) and the intake filter(8. *FS-07-050 *Intake Filter *$28) and I suppose just sourcing everything else from local stores such as lowes, orschlens, HD, etc.

Any info on "mini" pressure switches? I really don't want a bulky switch like whats on the side of full size 220V shop compressors.

#3 ·
It's this going on the 304 CJ in your sig? If so, you can get the compressor and mounting brackets from a V8 wagoneer. The rest of the pieces can be sourced from wherever you like. I got mine mostly from Amazon

For the pressure switch, I'm using a small pressure switch that screws into a manifold. No issues with it.

#4 ·
Yes, on an AMC V8... I already have brackets, compressor, tank, etc... as the Jeep originally had AC.

So their "Rotolock" fittings can be sourced elsewhere then! OK, I didn't know that.

Any suggestions on what brand of hose and fittings to use, I'm thinking a semi flexible line with "push to lock fittings" I know the garage kit at Orschlens was crap quality.

#5 ·
I don't have any pics but a friends York a/c I just removed the head, drilled and tapped the suction and discharge lines with ( I think it was a few years back ) some 1/2" pipe. Then reduced the fittings down to meet the 1/4" air line he wanted to run. It was simple and air tight.

I picked up another York style compressor a few days back that im installing on a 4bt, when I drill and tap it I will update this post.

Jason.

#7 ·
I'm thinking by the time you read "that's fine use this idea" you will have it drilled and tapped lol.

But the head on the inside has plenty of meet to drill out and tap. I guess the only things needed are the right drill and tap.

Jason.

#9 ·
Nice write up.

Op did you ever drill and tap that compressor head like we talked about?

I tried on the one I wanted to put on a 4bt but the star head screws stripped. So I will swap the clutch to a older York I have.

Jason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.