Different Width Axle Advice (Poll) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Different Width Axle Advice (Poll)

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

View Poll Results: To lengthen or not to lengthen and how to go about it?
Leave it be with rear axle 6" wider 2 8.33%
Add 2" adapters to the front making the difference only 2" total 7 29.17%
Add 3" adapters to the front making the axles the same length 2 8.33%
You have no business owning this Cherokee. Drive it off of a cliff immediately! 9 37.50%
Other - please specify 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #76
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

37x12.5 interco trxxus m/ts on a 16in rim. I love em they're the best deep snow tires I've had. But i bought them used for 800 because they're too damn expensive

Probably sent from under my broken heep

1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #77
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

$800 WITH rims and all? See. . . I can handle that price. Guess I need to save up and then keep my eyes glued to the forum classifieds and CL. First I need to buy a rear bumper, SYE, and a few other small things though. Maybe tires by next winter.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #78
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
$800 WITH rims and all? See. . . I can handle that price. Guess I need to save up and then keep my eyes glued to the forum classifieds and CL. First I need to buy a rear bumper, SYE, and a few other small things though. Maybe tires by next winter.
Nooo that was just for tires lol

1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #79
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
Since when do f 250s use 5 lugs?

that should be a 150. they are 5 lug.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, this might be ridiculous, but thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think.

I already have my 33's mounted on the different bolt pattern wheels. 6 lug front (Waggy) and 5 lug rear (Ford). If running 2" spacers would be better than the 2" 2-piece adapters I could pick up spacers for the front instead. Then I wouldn't have to get the front wheels remounted on the 5 lug wheels. I could get a spare and have it mounted on a 6 lug wheel (already have 2 extra 5 and 6 lug wheels). Then I could buy ONE of the 5 to 6 lug 2-piece adapters and use it if I get a flat in the rear. The only thing this would not allow me to do is rotate my tires.

I don't know..... the thought just popped into my head driving to work and thought I would put it out there to see if it was a valid option or just ridiculous.

Unread 03-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #81
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5
Ok, this might be ridiculous, but thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think.

I already have my 33's mounted on the different bolt pattern wheels. 6 lug front (Waggy) and 5 lug rear (Ford). If running 2" spacers would be better than the 2" 2-piece adapters I could pick up spacers for the front instead. Then I wouldn't have to get the front wheels remounted on the 5 lug wheels. I could get a spare and have it mounted on a 6 lug wheel (already have 2 extra 5 and 6 lug wheels). Then I could buy ONE of the 5 to 6 lug 2-piece adapters and use it if I get a flat in the rear. The only thing this would not allow me to do is rotate my tires.

I don't know..... the thought just popped into my head driving to work and thought I would put it out there to see if it was a valid option or just ridiculous.
There's one thing wrong with your solution. Spare should be for the rear, longer axle(no spacer!!), if you put the adapter/spacer on one side of your rear axle you're gonna dog-track your way home.
You're really gonna have a lot of jacked up problems with two lengths of axles and two bolt patterns. I know you don't wanna hear it, but the F150 front would be an awesome fix to the whole problem. You could possibly just trade the waggy 44 straight across.
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #82
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

FACK! I know.... another guy on pirate that I bought my steering off of suggested I swap my 9" 3rd member into a shorter 9". That sounds like a good plan to me, but just don't feel like dealing with it right now.

Unread 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #83
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

I'd be swapping an axle just so I wouldn't have to type that mess again let alone actually deal with it.
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #84
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
I'd be swapping an axle just so I wouldn't have to type that mess again let alone actually deal with it.
eh, I'm bored at work. I have time to waste on useless long-winded posts.

Think I'm still rolling with the 2" 2-piece adapters on the front. **** it....

Unread 03-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #85
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

hahahahaha.... I like that I'm up to 6 votes informing me that I have no business owning my XJ and that I should just drive it off of a cliff.

FYI.... I ordered the 2" adapters from Motosport-Tech (pirate 4x4 member) last week.

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #86
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When are we driving this thing off a cliff??

I got rear wheel spacers from the same guys and they've held up fine for the last 2 years. Just use a torque wrench and re torque them after the intial install. I would have gotten a different front housing(j10 44 or hpf250 and buy gears) or cut down the rear but thats just me.
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #87
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
When are we driving this thing off a cliff??

I got rear wheel spacers from the same guys and they've held up fine for the last 2 years. Just use a torque wrench and re torque them after the intial install. I woul
Who knows.... maybe the first time I take it to Rausch Creek to wheel

If not then....maybe after I get its replacement and get all my aftermarket parts swapped over.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.