Currie 9 Big Bearing - Help with Part Number - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Currie 9 Big Bearing - Help with Part Number

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Keith_b00ne

Currie 9 Big Bearing - Help with Part Number

I have a Currie 9, 31 spline axles that takes the old style Ford large bearing. I really don't want to go to Currie for axle bearing and seals. (Trying to get this together tonight) Does anyone know a cross reference part number from NAPA or other autoparts store? These guys always want a year/model and I'm not having any luck in my research.

pic.jpg  
Keith_b00ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

Look up a 79 ford truck 4x4. That should be the big bearing.
Just take your axle in and let them compare them.
Paint it to match

My NP435 install [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/time-tranny-swap-upgrading-np435-1487201/[/url]
78FordF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Keith_b00ne

It is part number BS20 at Napa Autoparts if anyone is looking for this cross reference.
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Keith_b00ne

So I pressed on the new bearing/seal onto the axle, put a light coat of grease on it and it slid in the axle with absolutely zero effort. I hope the seal is sufficient to prevent leaks. I don't have a gasket between the axle tube and the retaining plate.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.