Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Clutch for 4.7L Stroker

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  anonymousian2 
#1 · (Edited)
So I plan on starting my build for a 4.7L stroker in a week or two, but I figured when I go to make the swap, I might as well as replace the clutch assembly (pretty sure I'm on borrowed time; 204k miles on the OE). I've been looking at the Luk kits but is there anything else I should look at that'll handle the extra torque?

Also, looking at swapping out the axles for d44s once I find a doner from another wrangler. Anything should I know? Other than new driveshafts, it looks like a straight bolt in replacement.

#5 ·
I used a stock clutch upgrade RAM clutches while I had my stroker- it worked perfectly fine and never slipped.

In fact, my RAM clutch/pressure plate only has about 10,000 miles on it and they're sitting in my garage. Do you want them? Pay shipping and like $40 and they're yours.

I ran 35s with 4.88s through an AX-15, NP231, and Ford 8.8 with this setup, FYI

-Chris

#6 ·
I used a stock clutch upgrade RAM clutches while I had my stroker- it worked perfectly fine and never slipped.

In fact, my RAM clutch/pressure plate only has about 10,000 miles on it and they're sitting in my garage. Do you want them? Pay shipping and like $40 and they're yours.

-Chris
In fact, I have a list of stuff for sale from my stroker if you need parts-

For Sale:

• 4.0 '98 Head with SS swirl polished magnum valves, hardened exhaust seats, LS1 springs, minor bowl cleanup, chamber deshrouded for valves
    Springs- GM Short Block, part number 3911068, 80# seat pressure, good for up to .500" lift
    Valves-
    In- P5249877 Stainless swirl polished 1.97
    Ex- P5249876 Stainless swirl polished 1.625

Head- $600 OBO
  • SCAT Stroker Crankshaft #9-4.2L-3895, ~10,000 miles, perfect condition $250 OBO
  • 4.0 Connecting Rods, balanced set $60 OBO
  • 2000 Jeep 4.0 Equal-length runner Intake Manifold, $60
  • 1998 Jeep 4.0 Log-style Intake Manifold, $60
  • 97-00 Jeep 4.0 Stainless Header (6->2->1), (I think it's a banks, but don't remember), ~10,000 miles used, with 02 bung welded in collector for wideband (comes with plug), good condition, not cracked/warped, with new flange and collector gaskets- $100 OBO
  • Ram clutch/pressure plate for Jeep 4.0, ~10,000 miles, still has plenty of material, $80 OBO
  • Cloyes Dual-roller Timing set, excellent condition, ~10,000, $70 OBO
  • Custom Cowl intake setup, Modified Windstar Box w/ Horn, custom 3" stainless piping from TB to airbox- I have no pictures of this on the vehicle but can take pictures of it assembled- it worked very well for me, will let it go for basically what I paid for the windstar box and the stainless tubing to weld the piping. I'll even show you exactly where I cut the firewall and how I installed it. Has bung for crankcase breather hose, and bung for IAT sensor, as well as silicone coupler for throttle body.

$75 OBO

#7 ·
Well I had read your write up on your stroker, but I didn't realize you had dropped a v8 in your wrangler. After reading your v8 write up, I'm rethinking the stroker build. I might just go ahead with the axle swap while I ponder over doing a v8 swap. By the way, I've been looking into buying a welder. Any suggestions? I don't foresee myself doing anything with the welder harder than what you had to do for your v8 swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.