best spring to use on dana 60 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > best spring to use on dana 60 swap

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
mountainman74
1984 CJ8 

best spring to use on dana 60 swap

Alright, the time has come. Stuffing a set of one tons under my scrambler. Wanna keep it low low. This is going to be a budget build, and looking for leaf spring ideas that are easy to find. want it soft and flexy. And havent decided whether or not to do a shackle reversal at the same time. I have heard yj rears in the front and waggy fronts in the rear?
Looking for your two cents.

mountainman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

SOA or SUA?
Unread 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
mountainman74
1984 CJ8 

well, SUA would be nice to keep it really low, just not sure if I've got the balls to cut the housing of my 60! so i am thinking soa front, and could consider sua out back.
mountainman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
sjsst41
1978 CJ7 

I'm running BDS 2.5" YJ springs SOA w/ D60's - been working great - need some type of anti-wrap in the rear or you'll twist them up quickly.
sjsst41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.