Best fitting full circlip for 760X U-joint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Best fitting full circlip for 760X U-joint

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

Best fitting full circlip for 760X U-joint

Hi, I've recently changed over to alloys in my Dana 44 front axle. They are machined for full circlips, but I'm not able to find an exact match. Best I can do is find a 1-3/16" cirlclip that is .050 thick. The original half-moon clips measure out to be .056 thick. This has me thinking the caps will be fitting a little loose. Not by much though. Maybe not enough to matter? My question is has anyone found a .056 thick full circlip to fit a 760X u-joint? Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already. I did a search.

TIPPEDITOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

McMaster car

Dsh-30st pa
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

I checked out the specs on that circlip and it looks pretty darn good, about as close as you can get. 1.50 millimeter thickness according to the listed specs, which converts to .059". That's just slightly beyond the thickness of the half moon clips supplied with the u-joint. If .059" turned out too tight, just give a little rub on some 400 grit sandpaper to knock off a touch and it's a perfect match.

Thanks a bunch
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

I received the Dsh-30st pa circlips this morning and tried them. Perfect fit. Got a package of 25, so plenty of spares.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.