AMC 258 I6 Heads - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > AMC 258 I6 Heads

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
cjbrit
1986 CJ7 

AMC 258 I6 Heads

Could anyone tell me if the Heads are the same for a 1986 CJ7 AMC I6 4.2L and a 1987-1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ AMC I6 4.2L

cjbrit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Head bolts may be different, some say 85 was the cut off for 7/16" and the 86 was 1/2". 87-90 will be 1/2". Valve cover may or may not fit. Some of the late 258s use the 4.0 valve cover.
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
cjbrit
1986 CJ7 

Many thanks I'll investigate further
cjbrit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.