ADVANCED JEEP TECH Rules & Guidelines (A Must Read before posting!)
Rules and guidelines for the ADVANCED JEEP TECH section
THIS IS AN ADVANCED JEEP TECH SECTION. NON-TECH THREADS/POSTS WILL BE MOVED, CLOSED OR DELETED WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.
- Keep your messages on topic. For this message group, that means talking about ADVANCED technical items related directly to, and only to, advanced modifications. The moderators will allow a very limited amount of "off-topic" messaging, but please do not push it. Posting things like; popcorn, thumbs-up, subscribed, cool dude, what's the status, without adding ADVANCED technical content or a meaningful valued response will not be tolerated. You are highly encouraged to read the entire thread, before posting. Not doing so & then adding redundant comment clutters things and needs to be avoided.
- Using several search techniques or key words/phrases prior to starting a thread should always be attempted if you are looking for answers. If you lack the knowledge of how to do that, PM me or one of the other moderators & we can assist, or ask in another section, not here.
- Swearing, flaming, posting demeaning comments to pound your own chest, slamming, bickering, acting like a child with an attitude and post padding will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted. This is your only warning. If you don’t have thick skin or a means to accept constructive criticism – you probably don’t belong here.
- Topics allowed include anything about ADVANCED JEEP TECH. Advanced generally refers to NON-BOLT ON. Please feel free to ask or respond to non-advanced technical questions in the appropriate forums.
Examples of what NOT to post about in this section:
- Asking what lift kit/best lift kit you should buy
- What tire size would look good on your Jeep
- How to fix death wobble
- Which lights to put on your Jeep and/or where to mount them
- Asking how to remove rust
Examples of what TO POST about in this section:
- How you built your own truss to double triangulate and 4 link a D60
- Shock tuning
- Discussion about the wiring challenges on your Hemi engine and NV4500 swap
- Proper steps to set up hydro assist/full hydro steering
- Steps to shorten/lengthen a frame
- Fuel cell conversion
- Transfer case doublers
- Pictures are highly encouraged with your messages. Please check the Registry Section for ideas on how to properly post the pictures that you wish for others to see.
- There maybe long periods of time between people posting. Do not post and repost your questions several times over as the answers are not always immediate. Some people will refrain from answering questions even after reading them if they cannot prove their points of view.
- Posts that are nothing but "padding" the post-counter (ie: "I agree") don’t belong here. If you agree, say so, but add something constructive to the discussion. Feel free to share opinions, and when you do so - back them up with a valued responce. Also, do not respond with only "use the search". Provide a link or something useful to the thread, otherwise do not bother to post.
- Again - you MUST have thick skin and a higher level of customization and fabrication knowledge to post in this section. If your thread and/or comment do not fit this discription, it will be deleted or moved. This is a section for sharing ADVANCED techniques and skill. Please take the time to read and learn before posting. Posting vague questions is silly. Be discript so others can understand your questions/concerns.
- Intentionally bypassing the language filter is a bannable offense. If you didn't know this, you probably don't belong here. This is a family-friendly forum so watch your language.
Feel free to PM me, or other mods if you see something that you feel doesn't belong. Also, use the Report Post function where appropriate. This isn't the place for drama.
|The time now is 08:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.