97 XJ 318 with Autotrans..looking for ideas on build on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > 97 XJ 318 with Autotrans..looking for ideas on build on

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Jsdriller
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Xj 97 XJ 318 with Autotrans..looking for ideas on build on

I primarly use this jeep for trails in southern IN and river camps and I would like to get more power to the wheels by swaping the worn out trans for a manual 5 speed pefered but ill settel for a 3 or four considering the furthest i drive it before hitting the dirt trails is 100 miles I also want to keep in mind that at 287000 miles its getting close to rebuild on the motor I would like to keep the factory block and get a stroker kit to add power and the manual that I put in would have to hold up to aprox 400 hp 400 ftlbs thats the final goal and $$$$$ dont matter the only thing is im limited to time because Im working on a drilling rig 84 hours a week and mainly just get a couple days off at a time and maybee 2 weeks in december please sugest any ideas ... thanks

Jsdriller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
JaysSickXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a good build.. with no time to wheel.. Do you think a manual is going to add that much? what about regear?
JaysSickXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Jsdriller
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mainly I just enjoy driving anything with a manual many times over and auto.... I was in Mohab utah two days this week to work sadly I didnt have my xj.. so I bought me an 86 isuzu trooper 2 to go wheelin in couldnt take the company pickup.... now im hauling it home for another later project or to just scrap it idk yet but I cant wait to get home and start working on my xj project
Jsdriller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.