92yj swap to 87xj engine wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > 92yj swap to 87xj engine wiring help

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
92yjbeastjeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Exclamation 92yj swap to 87xj engine wiring help

I have a 92yj wrangler, I pulled the engine, tranny, ecm, transmission controller, and complete wiring harness from bulkhead connector forward. I have the engine and tranny side wired up but I need to know if anyone has the pinout diagrams for both vehicles and where to swap them too. I have seen a bunch of diagrams for 4.2 to 4.0 swap but nothing for repinning the bulkead connector for 4.0 to mate to the 2.5 stuff. I really need help with this as winter is coming and my only other car is a rwd v8.

oh and the 92yj bulkead connector layouts I have found are different than the one I have on rows E and D I only have 2 slots on passanger side.

92yjbeastjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.