6L80 behind Chevy Gen 4 V8 programing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > 6L80 behind Chevy Gen 4 V8 programing

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
L76Rubicon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

6L80 behind Chevy Gen 4 V8 programing

I'm looking for programing/ tuning help for a 6L80 in my LJ. 6L80 is behind a truck sourced L76. Does anyone have recommendations for tuning the E38? Shifting is good but TCC does not seem to be locking up

L76Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L76Rubicon View Post
I'm looking for programing/ tuning help for a 6L80 in my LJ. 6L80 is behind a truck sourced L76. Does anyone have recommendations for tuning the E38? Shifting is good but TCC does not seem to be locking up
Contact Dave Smiley ( Smiley ) on pirate. He had a 6L80 in his KOH rig before he crashed it.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
L76Rubicon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was finding you really have to be an expert to play with the E38 computer and 6L80e programing. I'm swapping to a MAST M-90, 4L80e with a TCI TCM. Looks like it is much more "do-it-yourself" tuning.

Should have the work done in 2-3 months!
L76Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
tklein42
2009 JK Wrangler 

You Selling your 6l80? I will be rebuilding my setup soon and would gladly take it off your hands. LMK
tklein42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Might want to call Speartech or Motech and see if they would offer any assistance. They both have gen 4 6l80 packages and know what they're doing.
Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
tklein42
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher8738 View Post
Might want to call Speartech or Motech and see if they would offer any assistance. They both have gen 4 6l80 packages and know what they're doing.
This man is correct! Great bunch of guys
Unread 12-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Haven't dealt with Motech but I can speak for Speartech. Really clean work. After reading all about harnesses for swaps on ls1tech I went with Speartech. Even before I bought anything they provided me all the various part numbers for PCM, dbw harness to make sure everything is compatible. I even ran into an issue where my new 160 amp alternator had a different connector than the harness. I made one phone call and they overnighted their adapter plug free of charge for the part. I paid the shipping but that's only because I needed overnighted... Got a little anxious getting my motor together.
Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
tklein42
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher8738 View Post
Haven't dealt with Motech but I can speak for Speartech. Really clean work. After reading all about harnesses for swaps on ls1tech I went with Speartech. Even before I bought anything they provided me all the various part numbers for PCM, dbw harness to make sure everything is compatible. I even ran into an issue where my new 160 amp alternator had a different connector than the harness. I made one phone call and they overnighted their adapter plug free of charge for the part. I paid the shipping but that's only because I needed overnighted... Got a little anxious getting my motor together.

Damn thanks for the post. I will check them out.

Tags
6l80

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.