5.3 swap feeler - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > 5.3 swap feeler

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #121
muddigger95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There is only 1 1/2 inches between my Rad. and center pulley. The Rad. And fan is 7 1/2" thick.

Unread 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #122
muddigger95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Let me tell you a story about AA. When I ordered my bell housing adapter from AA they didn't say I had to purchase a $650 flywheel and clutch assembly to make there set up work. They said, when I confronted them, that a stock flywheel and clutch didn't work. That it says on there website that when ordering this part that there is a recommendation hat you order this with it. I told them that if I would have known that I would have gone a different route. The guy that I talked to said that if I didnt want to spend that kind of money I shouldnt have started the swap in the first place and he didnt know of a cheap swap. They said that they would take the stuff back but I had to pay the shipping and restocking fee. That really pissed me off. But after all that it turned out to be a clean install and I am really happy with the way it turned out, everything but the price that is. Anyway the short of it is, those guys are there to sell there product.
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #123
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Wow thats pretty ****ty. But when you are dealing with something as exclusive as an engine swap and AA is the only one mf. Of the one I want, I guess they dont have to have good customer service. It means everything to me though (as a business owner) and if they are dicks to me tomorrow then ill talk as much **** as I can haha

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #124
muddigger95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I dont mean to bash on them but I found they are a little short on customer service.
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #125
mattamd_xp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A JB conversions input shaft and a clocking ring on the Jeep t-case would allow you to bolt up the trans and t-case without any kind of adapter. The only problem with that is you then have no VSS for the GM computer. The hole pattern on the stock trans tail housing adapter is the same as the Jeep, just rotated 90*. 5 out of the 6 holes are symmetrical, one is offset. I almost went this route, but without having a VSS the cost associated with adding that drove me to buy a NP241c. Cost me $117 for the t-case shipped to my door, $400 and change for a JB conversions SYE for it with the stock Chevy VSS built in. Factory drop was a couple inches below the frame of the TJ, so I put a clocking ring on it to get it just about flush with the bottom of the frame rail. Total cost was about the same as the adapter setup from AA, I didn't have to deal with them, and I ended up with a stronger t-case at the same time.
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #126
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I should have have looked harder for a 241 but with a quote of $300 from my local yard and the cost of a sye, the AA kit was a cheaper route. Im only running 33s for now and will move up to 35s soon so I think the 231 will be strong enough

August YJOTM

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #127
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I started a build thread if you guys want to chime in over there http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...-name-1484933/

August YJOTM

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.