The 351W Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > The 351W Question

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 11-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
macfeargus
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cj The 351W Question

I am putting a 351W in my jeep and am curious of what king of fuel mileage to expect more so to know ho big of a fuel tank to put in it. So here is what i am looking for Tell us about you 351W, transmission, t-case, axle gear ratio, tire size, and most importantly you fuel mileage with your setup. Thanks

macfeargus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have one in a Jeep, but I've had 351's bolted to a wide variety of drivelines and the mileage has always been in the 15-18 range. With a lighter vehicle you might get more, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
macfeargus
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another thing I would like to know is how you automatic guys dealt with your shift linkage, did you just throw it on the floor with a Hurst shifter swap in a steering column out of an auto or something creative.
macfeargus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.