134f to 2.5 amc swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > 134f to 2.5 amc swap

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Wyo1876
1946 CJ2A 

134f to 2.5 amc swap

I have a 46 willys that has a sick 134f head. I four wheel at 10,000 feet and above so instead of rebuilding the 134 was considering putting in a 2.5 tbi out of a 87-96 wrangler. Have done some research and found that a smallblock v-6 chev adapter will work for the motor to t-90. What i haven't been able to find is a "plug and play" wiring harness to adapt the wiring to the old willys. I have been told by an old timer that you don't have to move the motor mounts to make this swap? A little skeptical on that one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wyo1876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
DaemonForce

There should be a few Jeep guys in the Denver area that know about this. I would ask around there. The 2.5L swap is definitely within your interests but as far as plug and play wiring, that would most likely be something within the Bendix, Renix or aftermarket EFI kit's territory. I doubt you'll get help with this from Chrysler but anything is possible with a CJ.
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

TBI is easier, but I think you get a bit more power with EFI.
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.