Nitro parts. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > Nitro parts.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nitro parts.

The nearest RC store is over an hour away so buying local is not going to happen. Where is the best place online to get parts.

Part 1. I have an Associated MGT 4.6. I had to replaced the broken motor and did so with a Dynamite Mach .28. While trying to break in the new motor I burnt the clutch up (was running way to high RPMs). What clutch should I get? I belive I need the flywheel, and I know I need the clutch nut.

Part 2. My neighbor gave me some old parts and cars he no longer wants or needs. First is a buggy that is complete and RTR except I need a controller. What would be a decent controller that won't break the bank. Second is a Savage that needs a motor, throttle servo, and complete rear end (diff, shocks, arms, bumpers), and last is a Savage XL complete minus a steering servo and motor. There is also a complete engine that he used when he raced, no markings on the motor, how can I get size/info from it? He does not remember. Plus there is a bunch of spare parts like electric motors, arms, tires/wheels, bearings, transmissions, exhaust and more, some fit these rigs and some do not. I do not plan on racing. I would like to make a crawler out of the small Savage, Will go electric as I hear it is best for crawling. What would be needed to make it into a Ecrawler.

Any other info that would be help would be great. I haven't ran a nitro in 4+ years.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

RCTech.net\forum is a good place for RC info
Online stores I like to use
A Main Hobbies
TQ RC Racing
Stormer Hobbies
Tower Hobbies

If you are buying high dollar parts like motors and radios I don't think you can go wrong becoming a member of the Tower Hobbies club. The discounts codes will more than pay for the yearly fee.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I will check those out. I have been on AMH but not the others yet.

On side note the buggy runs. Runs like crap but does run. I need help tuning.

Few pics of everything.

The XL after robbing parts from the other Savage, Still need driveshafts and a motor.

What's left of the Savage that I want to make a crawler.

Anyone know what engine this is? No markings and the bell housing keeps it from mounting to the XL trans.

Some electric motors, Can they be used for the crawler?

The 4wd buggy, it runs but needs tuned to run right. I need some help ob this. Everytime I have ever tried tuning a motor it gets worse.

MGT 4.6

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.