Micro cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > Micro cj7

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
j3rs3yd3vil
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Micro cj7

Hey guys in on the iphone now so just a quick post ill post more later if anyones interested.
I built a cj7 crawler from a model kit and a losi trail trekker heres some pics attached..

Front suspension is coils, rear is leafs.

image-2790612386.jpg   image-49821159.jpg   image-3959315836.jpg  
j3rs3yd3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is it just a stock trail trekker? I have been wanting to get a crawler and have no idea where to start...
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
j3rs3yd3vil
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiles
Is it just a stock trail trekker? I have been wanting to get a crawler and have no idea where to start...
Its modified quite a bit. But for just starting out a trail trekker will be perfect its tuns of fun and doesnt require the maitnance the bigger ones do. I also have a 1.8 crawler and 2 2.2 an use this one the most. Parts are cheap to so thats a plus. Also research the blade smc chassis. Its for the trekker and its a great platform.
Unread 09-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3rs3yd3vil View Post
Its modified quite a bit. But for just starting out a trail trekker will be perfect its tuns of fun and doesnt require the maitnance the bigger ones do. I also have a 1.8 crawler and 2 2.2 an use this one the most. Parts are cheap to so thats a plus. Also research the blade smc chassis. Its for the trekker and its a great platform.
Good deal! Thanks buddy
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ha, Im working on building mine right now! I have the TT all tore down, about to shorten the chassis (Since I wont use the stock bumpers or body mounts) and have been carving on my CJ7 body (slowly, more time has been spent with the family or the full size Jeep)

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
j3rs3yd3vil
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain
Ha, Im working on building mine right now! I have the TT all tore down, about to shorten the chassis (Since I wont use the stock bumpers or body mounts) and have been carving on my CJ7 body (slowly, more time has been spent with the family or the full size Jeep)
Same, need more funds for the full size though

image-2514033230.jpg

Unread 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

What did you use to cut your plastics up? My dremel makes a huge mess of my work space with melted plastic and white dust flying everywhere

Μολὼν λαβέ
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
j3rs3yd3vil
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain
What did you use to cut your plastics up? My dremel makes a huge mess of my work space with melted plastic and white dust flying everywhere
I used a razor blade/exacto knife, go over the cut you want several times and then just bend and it will separate perfectly. For more precision use the exacto several times then take fishing line and use it like you would dental floss on the line you cut, the friction will separate the incision.

Cuttings something i can do, painting obviously another story from the pics lol. If you need more help let me know
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll have to try that xacto knife stuff. Thanks

Μολὼν λαβέ

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.