Looking for a crawler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > Looking for a crawler

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
240impala
2003 WJ 

So many choices thanks for all the input.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
240impala
2003 WJ 

Really just looking for something to mess with and use when I'm out whelp long and don't feel like using up my gas

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
k7zpj
2011 JK Wrangler 

It is hard to choose. That is how I ended up with two of them
On the plus side, most of the choices are good and if you get one and don't like it, they are easy to sell.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj
It is hard to choose. That is how I ended up with two of them
On the plus side, most of the choices are good and if you get one and don't like it, they are easy to sell.
Yeah true that I like the axial stuff but it is more expensive and I like the hpi crawler and the price is good but I don't know about support

Unread 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #20
JCemenski

Actually there are a pretty good amount of upgrades for the crawler king. Mine has upgraded tranny gears full metel internals. Was like $50 bucks. The stock ones are plastic though and with the traxxas velion brushless system with 7.4 lipo 5000ma I still never broke any of the diffs in the axles(are metal from factory) or tranny gears EVER(plastic) beating it as hard as I possibly could trying to break it. The weak link is the axle so it will snap those first. I have upgraded metal parts all over it. You can get jusst about every part on there at integy.com even axles. Rc4wd.com is a good one and ebay hasn't let me down. :-)
JCemenski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #21
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolski View Post
That is way too expensive for a Wraith. The RTR's are going for $289 at my local hobby shop. Pick up an SCX10 Honcho, you won't regret it.
Im sure they dont come with a battery or a charger though... btw that price includes shipping
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #22
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCemenski
Actually there are a pretty good amount of upgrades for the crawler king. Mine has upgraded tranny gears full metel internals. Was like $50 bucks. The stock ones are plastic though and with the traxxas velion brushless system with 7.4 lipo 5000ma I still never broke any of the diffs in the axles(are metal from factory) or tranny gears EVER(plastic) beating it as hard as I possibly could trying to break it. The weak link is the axle so it will snap those first. I have upgraded metal parts all over it. You can get jusst about every part on there at integy.com even axles. Rc4wd.com is a good one and ebay hasn't let me down. :-)
Sweet I'm really leaning towards this one

Unread 04-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240impala View Post
Sweet I'm really leaning towards this one

Venom Creeper $150

http://www.offroadsc.com/showthread....t-course-truck
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #24
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY
Interested

Unread 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
240impala
2003 WJ 

Anyone know anything about venom crawlers

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'd skip the Creeper. The Axial AX10 is a popular rig with lots of aftermarket support. Another choice is the Losi Night Crawler. Out of the box the Losi is a higher quality rig and it spanks the AX10 on the rocks. Some don't like the worm gears in the Losi but I'm just the opposite (love them) because you have ultimate low end control on any obstacle. The only thing with the Losi is you need to keep those worms greased. A simple mod is to add grease ports and you are good to go. If you want to do some more research check out the following forum:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #27
pbr-streetgang
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240impala View Post
Anyone know anything about venom crawlers
I would stay away from the venom creeper kit or the rtr crawler they sell. My buddy bought the creeper kit and it was missing a ton of stuff. Took him about 3 months to put together between waiting on parts in the mail and going to the hardware store to sub in parts. It is pretty capable now, but he has dropped enough money into it with a new chassis, drive shafts, and many other things that he could have a pretty killer ax-10, scx-10, or wraith.
pbr-streetgang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I recommend the Losi Trail Trekker. It's like $150 ready to crawl out of the box. Battery and charger included.

They are super small, so they can be taken anywhere, the battery runs forever because the motor is tiny, and its not a huge investment (In case you find the sport isnt for you)

Mine is for sale btw.

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #29
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain
I recommend the Losi Trail Trekker. It's like $150 ready to crawl out of the box. Battery and charger included.

They are super small, so they can be taken anywhere, the battery runs forever because the motor is tiny, and its not a huge investment (In case you find the sport isnt for you)

Mine is for sale btw.
What you want for yours

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.