I know its not a crawler, but bear with me. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > I know its not a crawler, but bear with me.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

I know its not a crawler, but bear with me.

Ok, so I want to get back into some faster RCs but I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of fixing up my 1/8th nitro lst2. I was considering one of two routes.

Rout A: traxxas slash 4x4. I like the looks of the scorr trucks. And you'll have to bear with me, the app cut off the bottom of this so I can't read what I'm typing

Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Ok. Traxxas slash 4x4. I like the looks, they're tough, quick, you can bash them a bit but also you can hit the track for a few laps. IMO they're some nice looking trucks.

Option 2: generic monster truck.... Lets say hpi savage flux for example (and yes, I'm sticking to electric right now. Nitro is a pain in the arse). Basically built to frack around. Launch em, crash em, throw em at a mother in law. They're pretty quick yes, but IMO they look stupid and the whole wheely thing they do. Eww. Now granted they'll probably take a better beating than the slash, probably handle rougher terrain better (but I have a crawler for the hard stuff, so I don't care) and are likely more modifiable. More options for tires, bodies, etc.

Trucks like the summit are waterproof and thus are muddable, though I'm sure I could just put my rock lizards on the slash and it would perform great.

Really I'm leaning towards the slash, mostly due to style and design, but a monster truck would probably be more useful for just goofing off... I'm kinda torn guys.

Also, nitro is out. Dun want it right now. I like the size of 1/10, but big trucks are fun too. My lst2 was a blast when i was running it, just too hard to keep up with the needs of a nitro. The other option is if someone could show me a legit e conversion for the lst2. It's gotta be tough, it's not a light rig and likes going fast
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Aaaaaannnnd I found that team Losi actually makes an e-con for the lst2... Happy happy man, cheaper than a new truck
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

the traxxas stampede is the best of both its based on the slash and performs about the same but can handle the rougher terrain.
Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.