I know its not a crawler, but bear with me. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > I know its not a crawler, but bear with me.

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 05-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

I know its not a crawler, but bear with me.

Ok, so I want to get back into some faster RCs but I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of fixing up my 1/8th nitro lst2. I was considering one of two routes.

Rout A: traxxas slash 4x4. I like the looks of the scorr trucks. And you'll have to bear with me, the app cut off the bottom of this so I can't read what I'm typing

Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Ok. Traxxas slash 4x4. I like the looks, they're tough, quick, you can bash them a bit but also you can hit the track for a few laps. IMO they're some nice looking trucks.

Option 2: generic monster truck.... Lets say hpi savage flux for example (and yes, I'm sticking to electric right now. Nitro is a pain in the arse). Basically built to frack around. Launch em, crash em, throw em at a mother in law. They're pretty quick yes, but IMO they look stupid and the whole wheely thing they do. Eww. Now granted they'll probably take a better beating than the slash, probably handle rougher terrain better (but I have a crawler for the hard stuff, so I don't care) and are likely more modifiable. More options for tires, bodies, etc.

Trucks like the summit are waterproof and thus are muddable, though I'm sure I could just put my rock lizards on the slash and it would perform great.

Really I'm leaning towards the slash, mostly due to style and design, but a monster truck would probably be more useful for just goofing off... I'm kinda torn guys.

Also, nitro is out. Dun want it right now. I like the size of 1/10, but big trucks are fun too. My lst2 was a blast when i was running it, just too hard to keep up with the needs of a nitro. The other option is if someone could show me a legit e conversion for the lst2. It's gotta be tough, it's not a light rig and likes going fast
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Aaaaaannnnd I found that team Losi actually makes an e-con for the lst2... Happy happy man, cheaper than a new truck
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

the traxxas stampede is the best of both its based on the slash and performs about the same but can handle the rougher terrain.
Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.