G-made R1 rock buggy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > G-made R1 rock buggy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

G-made R1 rock buggy

I haven't heard much about this one, semi reasonable price... But couldn't find any reviews for it (red flag)! It looks bad *** but that doesn't mean much... Anyone know anything about it? Thanks guys.

image-1514007712.jpg   image-3233397510.jpg  
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Saw one in person for the first time at my local hobby store. I wasn't real impressed with the suspension. Not sure why but it didn't seem to work very well. It was stiff and didn't flex very well. The suspension on the Losi Night Crawler (have three of them) works way better (in comparison). Unfortunately that's about all I have to offer, don't know much about them.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info, gotta keep that in mind. I have some losi lst2 truggy's - I like their stuff. Might have to look into their crawler line.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
Thanks for the info, gotta keep that in mind. I have some losi lst2 truggy's - I like their stuff. Might have to look into their crawler line.
They have discontinued their comp crawler but the Night Crawler is still going strong. Out of the box it's the best entry level crawler and higher quality than the Axial AX-10. If you just want a play rig then it's a great way to go. Very capable with minor mods. If you want to compete and want a dig then the Axial XR-10 is probably a better way to go but your talking about a lot more $$. Some people say go Axial because they have a ton of aftermarket support but that's also because they need it more. Many of the components in there kits are less then adequate and need to be upgraded. You don't really have this problem with the Losi. With the exception of needing a stronger steering servo there's little else you need to do with it to make it a very capable play rig other than adding weight to the tires. Figure out how serious you want to be and how much you want to spend and check out this site for tons of info: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.