Anyone else into RC cars? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > Anyone else into RC cars?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
label3131

i was into them back in the day but i hated charging batteries all the time, but i couldnt afford to go nitro so i just gave it up.

but now i want one of these!!!

YouTube - Toyota Hilux in Mud & crawler Radio control off road

label3131 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by label3131 View Post
i was into them back in the day but i hated charging batteries all the time, but i couldnt afford to go nitro so i just gave it up.

but now i want one of these!!!

YouTube - Toyota Hilux in Mud & crawler Radio control off road
That thing is awesome, I like the ford one better though, they have full metal frames and components, cept for the bodies. There so real its insane. Love it!!!
Unread 12-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
rubiinwv
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have an axias sciorpion (crawler) ,a t-maxx, and an asoicated monster gt . I like the axias the best, I haven't run the the other two in over a year.
rubiinwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
stinkshoe27
2000 WJ 

I've got a Duratrax nitro evader st that a buddy gave me after I helped him move and I also have an electric Duratrax evader bx that I need to get a new motor for. I'm thinking about getting a brushless set for it but I haven't convinced myself to spend the money. I haven't really spent much time running the nitro truck because it seems like every time I take it out I destroy something...it is fast though. Hopefully one day I'll get better at running these things and I'll get something a little more expensive.
stinkshoe27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #20
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

dont have a pic of it but i have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler, bought it with the 2.5, then i swapped in the 3.3 when they came out with it. Now it will do close to 65 mph, and i can get it to do wheelies up in colorado. ill post a pic when i can
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
J_Thack
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have a HPI Savage with a .27 Sirio engine, but I haven't fired it up in a few years. All of my buddies that used to run them got out of the hobby. I may try to fire it up this week and get some more videos of it. Right now I'm hooked on my Losi Micro Crawler, I just hate that I can't find a Jeep body to fit it.
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Associated RC10T, and run it all the time. I was really big into racing in the 90's and run a Reedy 14 triple with matched cell packs, Novak M5 SC, all old school stuff... The truck is decked out but the body looks like crap now. I recently bought a second complete truck and am rebuilding it.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #23
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a T-maxx, one of the old originals with the trx.15 engine. Its been resleeved a few times, but still has the original engine in it. Other than that and the belly pan, not much else is stock. I used to race it at a local track weekly back in the late 90's and as the stock parts broke, I replaced them with RPM heavy duty parts. For a monster truck it is set up fast and low since the track had a lot of tight turns and was mostly loose dirt with a few tacky clay areas.

Here is a pic of it with my Bro's Duratrax MAX-ST

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:38 AM   #24
cvdberg13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here is my Traxxas Slash with the proline baha bug body on it.

It is velenion power and is a tank!!
cvdberg13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

gotta love rc, im fairly new to the rc world but loving it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmos111/
slamin04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.