Anyone else into RC cars? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > RC Rockcrawler Forum > Anyone else into RC cars?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
the2040
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone else into RC cars?

I just recently got a traxxas rustler and put a brushless motor in it. That thing is so much fun. It probably goes 40-50 mph. My room mate has the Revo 3.3 4x4 and I'm a bit jealous. It can climb just about anything!

Just wondering if anyone else here is into this for a hobby and what you have. If I had pix I would post them. If you have pix or vids of your cars post them up!

This is a pic and it is the same collor/make as mine! Although mine is a bit more scrached up from all the crashing I have done with it.

If man asks for many laws it is only because he is sure that his neighbor needs them; privately he is an unphilosophical anarchist, and thinks laws in his own case superfluous.
Low Output 4 Cyl Jeep club #2012
the2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is mine, Losi Desert Truck. It's just stock but a ton of fun. Doesn't climb like the HPI Savage I used to have though.

Unread 12-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a Revo 3.0, but its been a while since i ran it. Those things are indestructible and so much fun to launch off things. My best days were at the skate park with that thing.
ChargerX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
the2040
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a nice truck. I like the buggy stile look and the metal linkage you can see on the front end. It looks like you have lights in your front bumper. Is it 4x4?

Mine is stock except for the motor/power system. I got the Velineon brushless and I think it might be to much for how light the car is. I balded the tires in about 3 days :/. If i get enough cash I think I might want to upgrade to a truck style 4x4. They have a lot better control off-road, but I still love my Rustler. I'm trying to talk my friend into driving next to me on the road so I can see how fast it is actually going.

Quote:
I have a Revo 3.0, but its been a while since i ran it. Those things are indestructible and so much fun to launch off things. My best days were at the skate park with that thing.
Ya, I like how my buddys is all metal. My car is almost entirely plastic and it makes me nervous when I wreck it.
If man asks for many laws it is only because he is sure that his neighbor needs them; privately he is an unphilosophical anarchist, and thinks laws in his own case superfluous.
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I use to be really into this back in the day but it kinda fizzled a bit. I'll dig up some pics. of what I got.
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's just two wheel drive like the Rustler, but it doesn't really affect it just bashing around the yard. It's build off the same platform as the Losi XXX-T that gets raced, so it handles pretty dang good, all adjustable too. I'm trying to find a track here that they race at, but I think one just shut down not long ago. It has led's front and rear, and a cool back-half rollcage. Someday I'd like to drop in another brushed motor, but it's definitely not slow as it is.
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
the2040
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I blew up my stock motor that came with it. I figured might as well go brushless. So much dirt and sand out in Az I think I will be better off with a sealed motor. I can't seem to keep mine straight when I take it in the dirt, but that will probably come with practice and not bald tires.

Did you add the LEDs, or did they come with your car? I have been wanting to do that, because it is hard to tell what direction my car is going at night. Do they run off your car battery or a 12v?
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

They came in the truck, they plug into the receiver and run all the time. I think they sell the lights on the website ready to plug into the truck. They are actually very bright for how small they are.
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #9
KajunATVer
1985 CJ7 

I have a Traxxas Slash and I put a brushless motor in it and it hauls! I also just bought a Losi Micro Desert Truck. I'm more into flying RC airplanes though.
KajunATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a traxxas S-Maxx and its a blast. its the same thing as a T-maxx but 2wd
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh, I love these trucks. I have a Revo 2.5 with a 3.3 engine, RPM suspension, forward only gears, custom exhaust. Basically nothing is stock on it, I decided to go with the pull start because its light weight and reliable. Mines clocked in at about 68-70mph. P.S. Im looking to get a Jeep body for it.

Last edited by 17topless; 12-17-2009 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Sudden Idea
17topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
REBELoffaLEASH
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wanna pick up a Traxxas Slash sometime, but all I have now is that Nylint Jeep LJ rock crawler, with an extra Scorpion body, and a 2009 Corvette, Ferrari F430, and 2010 Mustang 1/24 scale. Nothin special.
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

That Slash does look like a bad little ride.
17topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

heres mine
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #15
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

My newest addition to my RC car habit. The flex is sick, goes over everything. This pic if from day 1. Since I trimmed the flares off all together, and side step deals. Now I dont rub!! Love the crawler rc's.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.