What's a good craft beer to try this summer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > What's a good craft beer to try this summer?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

What's a good craft beer to try this summer?

Just wondering what's a good craft beer to try while grillin' n' chillin' this summer.
Last summer I was in Oregon with some great IPA's, love the hops.
Drinking Shiner blonde outta Texas...some good stuff!

G-Wag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

If you like hops, try Dogfishhead- 90 minute or 60 minute IPA, Lagunita's- IPA or Hopstoopid are also great. I could list allot more if you want, just let me know.
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

I drank alot of Lagunitas last summer, it is a great ale! I will def try dogfish, people have recommended it before....the hoppiest ale I've had so far was Ranger IPA, another great ale!
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Alaskan IPA. Might be hard to find but it's worth it. Also there summer ale. Both real good super cold, like near frozen.

image-102347782.jpg

image-1205830184.jpg

image-642295436.jpg

The last one I haven't tried yet but my buddy works a container ship in AK and has tried it and loves it. Just got to find it here in Oregon.
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well I tried dogfishead 60 min and it was a good ale, went over well with company. Not an overpowering hopps taste that still goes great with a bbq dinner. Thanks!
Being here in Texas...a hard to find Alaskan IPA would probably be near impossible for me to try. Luckily I will be in Southern Oregon this summer so if you can get a fix on it, my cousin and I would definitely add it to our annual " In Search of the Best IPA of the SUMMER!" list.
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Where in So Or?
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

Selma actually, maybe taking dirtbikes on some old logging roads, tubing down the river,fishing, bbqn'...
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
MCMike37
Random Guy

2012 JK Wrangler 

I could be here all night long talking about beer although sadly though I am not a huge IPA fan unless it's Cooper's from Australia. I would say that I have conservatively have tried over 300 beers if not significantly higher. I have about 1000 bucks worth of higher quality beer in the closet aging.

If you like some heavy beer try some stuff from Allagash brewing in Maine. I see Alaskan up there, their smoked porter is very good.

I just tried this beer for the first time today and was very happy.

Now having a Paulaner Salvator Double Bock which is much along the same lines.
MCMike37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

I like heavy beers, only here in Texas it gets too hot, I'll drink them in cooler weather. Heavy as I go in summer is a Shiner bock. My cousin got me into Ipa's one summer, I was drinking for taste, him...for alcohol content,
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

STONE IPA is my favorite IPA hands down. Also Double Bastard IPA is great. I need a glass of water with an Imperial IPA though. Drys my mouth out like a mofo.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
G-Wag
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thanks Mount, that's one I haven't tried, Arrogant Bastard I had, think I had had an old one though, a bit skunky, old stock.
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
JTL4

Flying Fish makes a good double IPA called Raging *****..one of my favs for cooler weather. Mixed opinion from my friends who I let get their hands on one, but my fav summer craft brew is Sweet Action from six points..depends on you taste if it's gonna be too bitter or too sweet. Perfect for me. Also a good session beer is Bitter American from 21st amendment..4.4 apv but a great extra pale ale for summer. Happy sluggin'!
JTL4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
mhizzle1341
2008 JK Wrangler 

Harpoon is a good choice for IPA's also, but I can't really speak to it's availability outside New England
mhizzle1341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dark beer: Black Butte Porter.

Light bit lighter: Sierra Nevada Summerfest.

And Dogfish Head is just about the best ale I've ever tasted. (pricey, too) It's what I imagine is in the Hobbits mugs while they are drinking at the pub in LOTR.
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
JTL4

Great call on Harpoon and Summerfest. Tried a good one last night, Heavy Seas summer ale. Brewed in MD. love their IPA's a ton..if you wanna get you hands on this one for summer, give it go..
JTL4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.