Weber gas grill options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Weber gas grill options

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Weber gas grill options

Spirit E310
  • 424 cooking area
  • 105 warming
  • 32,000 BTU
Spirit E320
  • same as 310 plus:
  • 12,000 BTU side burner
Genesis E310
  • 507 cooking area
  • 130 warming
  • 38,000 BTU
Genesis E330
  • same as 310 plus:
  • 12,000 BTU side burner
  • 10,000 BTU sear station
They're all 3 burners, as the model numbers imply.

Since Webers last 10+ years, trying to plan ahead. I'm thinking about the Genesis 330 for the larger cooking surface and sear station. I had to Google searing, and I now know that I prefer seared meat.

Does the larger cooking surface make a useful difference (507 vs 424)?

Do you actually use the side burner? What for?

How well does the sear burner work? How much can you sear at one time?

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was shopping for a grill last year and had pretty much settled on the genesis 310 but never did pull the trigger. The number one thing I look for is how hot can it get, for a good sear, and is it designed to not flare up when cooking someing fatty.

I have never used a side burner. I can't see using up the propane to heat beans or something else when the kitchen is ten steps away; maybe if it's hooked to the natural gas line?

The old beat up gril I have been using has a rear burner for the rotisserie and that sees a fair amount of action. I might keep that grill around and use it just for that.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

How many people do you need to cook for typically?
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
How many people do you need to cook for typically?
Currently, 5 or 6 for a get-together. More for a full on party. Just the 2 of us on a regular basis. The E210 my in-laws have would be plenty for right now. I'm just thinking ahead since Weber's last a decade or more.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

i have never used a side burner either. i have always found that with grills, planning ahead never works. if the searing station is a feature you want, thats the one to for. other than that, don't be shocked if someday you find yourself with another smaller grill for those get togethers.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.