Slow cooker recipes? Suggestions? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Slow cooker recipes? Suggestions?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #31
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I tried the country style beef ribs and while tasty, they were a little on the chewy side

gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #32
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The boneless pork ribs work well for crock pot recipes, If I'm doing beef, I'll just buy a cheap steak, preferably one that's discounted and already aged and scary looking ( the best flavor!) and cut it into chunks for things like stew and beef-mushroom-gravy ( pour over rice...sooo good )

Beans are always good in the slow cooker. I like two cups of dried pintos with one cup dried black beans. use chicken stock for the liquid, onions, garlic, cumin, paprika, what ever floats your boat for spices. then I add sausage and cook all day. mmmmm.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
Internexus

This is how to for making your own carnitas at home to throw into whatever mexican inspired dishes you want. Ideally this is for those of you are that burned out on ground beef or chicken as your meat options.. This is something ideal to put together in the evening and refrigerate over night, start it up in the morning and come home to some magic in your face.

What you will need:
-Slow cooker
-Pork Shoulder (whatever size you want that still fits into your slow cooker)
-Water or chicken broth

Ingredients: (mix and match however you want, I've utilized a couple of these together and all of them together and they all provide a unique flavor! All of the seasoning options on these are preference really but typically a tablespoon is a good measurement to go for with most of them, be careful with some like cayenne pepper that stuff can tear people up)
-Bay leaf
-Salt/Pepper
-Oregano
-Whole garlic cloves/garlic powder
-Onion quartered
-Orange juice and throw in the peel
-Lime/lemon juice and throw in the peel
-Onion flakes/powder
-Cayenne (can make ungodly spicy)
-Cumin

Throw the meat into the slow cooker, add all of your ingredients/seasoning

Add water or chicken broth until you've either covered the meat or gone as high as you can in your cooker

Put the cover on, turn it on high (I typically cook mine for a good ~6hrs or so) remove the cover and using some tongs see if the shoulder bone removes easily, if so it's ready, if not let it keep going.

Now grab a cookie sheet and cover it in aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 450*
Remove the meat with the tongs (careful it's likely to fall apart on you) use a couple forks and pull it apart until you have good sized chunks ~4" in size or so and put them onto the cookie sheet and throw them into the oven. Keep an eye on them starting at about the 8 minute mark, the idea of this is to break down the fatty layer on the meat and to give the exterior a nice crispy layer.. When it looks like what you would devour in a heartbeat, it's likely ready!

Take those individual chunks and shred them with your two forks and put into whatever dish you want to make!

Internexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #34
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internexus
This is how to for making your own carnitas at home to throw into whatever mexican inspired dishes you want. Ideally this is for those of you are that burned out on ground beef or chicken as your meat options.. This is something ideal to put together in the evening and refrigerate over night, start it up in the morning and come home to some magic in your face.

What you will need:
-Slow cooker
-Pork Shoulder (whatever size you want that still fits into your slow cooker)
-Water or chicken broth

Ingredients: (mix and match however you want, I've utilized a couple of these together and all of them together and they all provide a unique flavor! All of the seasoning options on these are preference really but typically a tablespoon is a good measurement to go for with most of them, be careful with some like cayenne pepper that stuff can tear people up)
-Bay leaf
-Salt/Pepper
-Oregano
-Whole garlic cloves/garlic powder
-Onion quartered
-Orange juice and throw in the peel
-Lime/lemon juice and throw in the peel
-Onion flakes/powder
-Cayenne (can make ungodly spicy)
-Cumin

Throw the meat into the slow cooker, add all of your ingredients/seasoning

Add water or chicken broth until you've either covered the meat or gone as high as you can in your cooker

Put the cover on, turn it on high (I typically cook mine for a good ~6hrs or so) remove the cover and using some tongs see if the shoulder bone removes easily, if so it's ready, if not let it keep going.

Now grab a cookie sheet and cover it in aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 450*
Remove the meat with the tongs (careful it's likely to fall apart on you) use a couple forks and pull it apart until you have good sized chunks ~4" in size or so and put them onto the cookie sheet and throw them into the oven. Keep an eye on them starting at about the 8 minute mark, the idea of this is to break down the fatty layer on the meat and to give the exterior a nice crispy layer.. When it looks like what you would devour in a heartbeat, it's likely ready!

Take those individual chunks and shred them with your two forks and put into whatever dish you want to make!
Jeez that sounds good, I luv tamales, we buy these from a lil Mexican lady and they r bada$$
We tried to make some and the Mesa was way too thick
Easiest crockpot recipe in the world:: take a 2lb pork tenderloin , (mine r packaged with 2- 1 lb tenderloins) any way u need 2 loins cut lengthwise ,,,get a Reynolds crock pot liner (usually located by the aluminum foil) ,, place liner in crockpot,,put a 12oz can of dr pepper or root beer ,,,(I've used cerveza also or u can try whatever u like),,pinch of rosemary and oregano,,
Roll the loins in the liquid/spice to get them coated
Cover and cook 6 hrs on high
It will fall apart when u take out of crockpot
Pull apart with forks , mix in BBQ sauce for sammiches or salsa for tacos
Liner comes out =easy cleanup
gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #35
micahwc
2013 JK Wrangler 

1:

Chicken
Preferred salsa. Entire jar. I like something thick and home made.

Thats it. Add some instant rice about half hour before serving if you want.

Ribs (boneless or not, pork, beef, whatever) Make sure they have fat.
Potatoes, onions, whatever else you want to eat.
Barbeque sauce of choice.

Ribs and veggies in slow cooker.
Take veggies out towards end when they look done.
Drain fat, remove unwanted bones, etc.
Add barbeque sauce approximately 30 minutes before serving.
micahwc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.