Revisiting the Simple Burger - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Revisiting the Simple Burger

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #16
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love a1 on any steak yummy. I like a 50/50 burger. 50% ground chuck and 50% chopped up center cut bacon. So greasy and so good. I use Sara Lee whole wheat buns.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I hate steak sauces and A1 has got to be the worst. Save money on buying sauce and buy a better steak instead.
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I always buy good ribeyes and ny strips. I just like steak sauce. Quit hatin
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #19
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

After cooking steak sauces, especially A1 are better on a piece of bread than on a burger or a steak. But, a meaty grocery store unseasoned burger is just about inedible without something on it. So, it has its place. Not in my world, but certainly some burgers need something.

Another approach is to take a pat of butter 1/4" thick and drop it on the burger or steak right after cooking. It is a far better "sauce" than A1, and about the same calories and nutrition as a puddle of A1.

Seriously. Try a large pat of butter, melted right on the burger, ribeye or whatnot. If its still not enough flavor, drizzle a little Worcestershire sauce into the butter. Dip a piece of bread in the A1.
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010
After cooking steak sauces, especially A1 are better on a piece of bread than on a burger or a steak. But, a meaty grocery store unseasoned burger is just about inedible without something on it. So, it has its place. Not in my world, but certainly some burgers need something.

Another approach is to take a pat of butter 1/4" thick and drop it on the burger or steak right after cooking. It is a far better "sauce" than A1, and about the same calories and nutrition as a puddle of A1.

Seriously. Try a large pat of butter, melted right on the burger, ribeye or whatnot. If its still not enough flavor, drizzle a little Worcestershire sauce into the butter. Dip a piece of bread in the A1.
God, let the man enjoy his A1!

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
God, let the man enjoy his A1!

'06 LJ
Absolutely. A1 it is!
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Absolutely. A1 it is!
Hah all this _really_ makes me want a steak. Gotta find a reason to do some 'food shopping' today and take care of that. I'm gonna give the butter and w* sauce a try too, sounds good.
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Hah all this _really_ makes me want a steak. Gotta find a reason to do some 'food shopping' today and take care of that. I'm gonna give the butter and w* sauce a try too, sounds good.
The butter is cheating. But, its why the steak in some restaurants is so good. Sometimes they brush the butter on and stick it back under the broiler for a few seconds till it flames up. Salty and juicy and a little crisp. Its still cheating.
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
The butter is cheating. But, its why the steak in some restaurants is so good. Sometimes they brush the butter on and stick it back under the broiler for a few seconds till it flames up. Salty and juicy and a little crisp. Its still cheating.
Speaking of which, in case anyone does not know how to cheat at pancakes, what you do is get the pan the right temperature, then drop a half pat of butter into the center, pour the batter into the butter just as the edges of the melt start to turn brown. When you are ready to flip it, float the other half pat on the wet side of the pancake, flip it over and you have a salty crispy edges pancake no one can resist.

Just sayin.
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

My take on the "simple burger" it's just plain ground chuck with a few select seasonings, mostly peppercorn and chili powder. Cooked on the smoker with hickory chips for about 2 hours and topped with tomato and raw Vidalia onion, then wrapped in lettuce. No buns to get in the way!

For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Rebel, while I have never made it low and slow, I heard some wicked good meatloaf can be made useing about your same cook style .

Dang it , that looks so darn good .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would imagine a meat loaf would be great cooked in a smoker!
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #28
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Rebel, do a web search of bacon wrapped or weaved smoked meatloaf .

Some folks stuff it with cheese and other things too .

It just makes me drool just thinking about it .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #29
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in absolute agreement with the OP. I've found myself doing insane things with hamburgers just to make it taste good and do something different here and there, like pineapple teriyaki burgers. I miss simple great tasting hamburgers, and am on a personal quest to find the best solution for me personally.

The bread is another huge issue I've always had. I hate basic cheap hamburger buns.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #30
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Seasoning? For me just a little salt and pepper. Once in a blue moon I'll take a walk on the wild side by adding a little Worcestershire sauce to the meat and work it in.

I also like Buffalo burgers.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.