Not BBQ or Grilling, any meatloaf fans? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Not BBQ or Grilling, any meatloaf fans?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #16
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I do swim with sharks, even held one once. But eating raw meat is just not my thing.

ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
viimag
1979 CJ5 

I am with you on the raw meat thing... I can eat sushi all day long and love it but raw beef, pork, chicken, etc is not something I can get into. If you have any tendencies that direction, I recommend this little story... It is a quick 8 page read with funny illustrations and plenty of humor... Actually everyone should read....

http://fray.com/drugs/worm/

Enjoy the raw beef...
viimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Holy crap, that was funny. After reading that I know for sure I made the right choice not trying that stuff when I was there.
ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
Wish I could post my wife's meatloaf recipe but she never makes it the same.
She adds this and that while tasting it. Yes that is right she eats the raw hamburger while she makes the meatloaf.
I never knew what Steak Tartare was untill I met her.

HaHa

My wife is the same way. She MAY use a recipe for basic ingredients but always adds this and that. She will just throw whatever scraps we may have in the fridge together, add a few spices and POW, we got a meal.

It's always good though! After 18 years together I have only had probably less than 5-6 meals where I said " This is BAD, I'm not eating anymore". That's a pretty good average I would say!

And she makes a pretty awesome meatloaf too. I hated meatloaf as a kid and didn't eat it until recently when she talked me into trying hers and I've been hooked since. But only when she makes it!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #20
Qbdss
2005 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

Dad's Meatloaf with Tomato Relish Recipe
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Show: Tyler's UltimateEpisode: Ultimate Meatloaf

Total Time: 1 hr 50 min.
Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 1 hr 30 min.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings .
Level: Easy

Ingredients for Tomato Relish:
Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 onion (finely diced)
2 garlic cloves (minced), 2 bay leaves,
2 red bell peppers (cored, seeded, and finely diced) (can also use Orange or Yellow)
2 tomatoes, halved, seeded, and finely diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (12-ounce) bottle ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Meatloaf: 3 slices white bread, crusts removed, torn into chunks by hand
1/4 cup whole milk
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 eggs
Leaves from 2 fresh thyme sprigs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 to 4 bacon slices ( I use a whole pound)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Coat a skillet with a 2-count of oil and place over medium heat. Saute the onion, garlic, and bay leaves for a few minutes to create a base flavor. Throw in the red peppers and cook them for a couple of minutes to soften. Now add the tomatoes; adding them at this point lets them hold their shape and prevents them from disintegrating. Stir in the parsley, ketchup, and Worcestershire; season with salt and pepper. Simmer the relish for 5 minutes to pull all the flavors together. Remove it from the heat; you should have about 4 cups of relish.

Place the torn white bread in a bowl and add the milk to just barely cover, swish the bread around in the milk and let it sit while you get the rest of the ingredients for the meat loaf together.

This is where you get your hands dirty! In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and pork with 1 1/2 cups of the tomato relish, the eggs, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and add the soaked bread to the meat mixture. To test, fry a small "hamburger" patty of the meatloaf until cooked; the patty should hold together but still have a soft consistency. Taste the patty for seasoning.

Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Transfer the meat mixture to the center of the cookie sheet and form into a log about 9 inches long and about 4 inches wide. Coat the top of the meatloaf with another 1/2 cup of the tomato relish. Lay the bacon across the top lengthwise.

Bake the meatloaf for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the bacon is crisp and the meatloaf is firm. Rotate the meat loaf while it's baking every now and then to insure that the bacon browns evenly. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it cool a bit before slicing. Serve with the remaining tomato relish on the side. Unbelievably moist!
©Television Food Network G.P.
All Rights Reserved.

Ingredients
Tomato Relish:
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and finely diced
2 tomatoes, halved, seeded, and finely diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (12-ounce) bottle ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Meatloaf:
3 slices white bread, crusts removed, torn into chunks by hand
1/4 cup whole milk
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 eggs
Leaves from 2 fresh thyme sprigs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 to 4 bacon slices

This is the best meatloaf I have ever had. If you do not like onions, use onion powder instead.
Qbdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #21
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

that sounds very complicated.

my brain, says it need not be so perplexing and will still taste good.
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #22
Qbdss
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds complicated but it isn't. Recipe is worth the extra effort.
Qbdss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.