new weber grill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > new weber grill

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Carl48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

new weber grill

After 28 years of faithful service, my Weber grill was in need of replacement. It had finaly rusted through on the bottom...it sat outdoors uncovered all that time so can't blame the grill. So, for Fathers Day, my gift was a new Weber one-touch 18" grill (seems appropriate since the original grill was a gift for my first Fathers Day). They call it a "silver" but it is actually the traditional black ??? anyway, a couple of things...a friend had cautioned me not to throw away the original cooking grate because he said "you won't like the new one"...he was right... the new one is not as substantial as the old one and doesn't hold the heat as well. Also, the handle on the cover is no longer made of wood... the new one is of grey plastic...it gets HOT...you can't touch it without using a hotpad. Got rid of the plastic handle and with a piece of scrap cedar made a wooden handle...much better now . If this grill lasts me another 28 years, it will be the last one.

Carl48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
AlumaDoo
2000 WJ 

Funny how the "new and improved" these days, usually winds up being a step backward. Another example of trying to be cheap and greedy in the good ole USA. Some day I'm gonna make the switch to charcoal, but for now I gotta wear out the gas grill. May your burgers be medium well and the steaks be thick n juicy.
AlumaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Yeah, the "silver" etc is just a product-positioning pile of manure.

But..

I just bought a new Weber Performer to replace my ancient old-generation Performer. My neighbor up the street, long a gas-grill stalwart, finally gave in after having Hadley Asparagus or a random chunk of Salmon tossed on my grill for a few minutes become a delight.

Everything gets worse over timer these days, it seems, and there are some constructional things I don't like about my new Performer. But it makes the meal like nothing else.

My neighbor will be doing a 4th cookout tomorrow for the first time on Charcoal, we'll see how it goes )
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
MWF
2002 WJ 

The only good thing about some of the new webers is the built in temp gauge some have.

The one touch grill is so weak, I managed to turn mine bowl shaped after leaving my chimney starter on for a while!
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
viimag
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia325
Looking for the recipes of grilled salmon steak ? Its easy and simply to do .. you can cook your grilled salmon steak in 20 minutes ! To do your recipes, read the instruction only here at Grilled Salmon Steaks enjoy !
Did we just get spammed???
viimag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yep!
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.