Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

meat thermometers

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MIjeep86 
#1 ·
I have a few of them and they claim they are quickish but they are not .

Anyone know of one that is ?

I am looking for one to just stick in the meat and getting a quicker read than I am getting now .

I want one that takes seconds to get a reading instead of a minute or so .

Thanks guys, Phit

#5 ·
I'm not sure if this is quite what you have in mind but I have a Maverick ET732. It looks like Amazon has it for $60.

You plug the two thermometers into the unit on the right and leave it at the grill. The round ended thermometer reads grill temperature. The sharp one is for the food. You can throw the other unit in the house or in your pocket and go about your day while it monitors the grill and food temperature. Besides being able to watch the temperatures from afar, you can set up alarms if the temperatures drop too far or get too high. This is wonderful for the long cooks that need started at 1:00am.

#7 ·
Thermapen for sure. It pays for itself with any meat that you would have overcooked without it. Ive had min now for over 4 years and its still rolling on the original battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.