jones'n for some smoked meats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > jones'n for some smoked meats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

jones'n for some smoked meats

gonna try to update this as i go. I grill out nearly on a daily basis during the summer, and usually have something on the smoker every weekend.

I hate the wood "foodie", but i guess i am one of sorts. I love food, i love to eat so in turn, i learned to be a decent cook, but my passion is the grill/smoker.

I rarely follow a recipe for anything, and unless it is something truely spectacular i never do the same thing twice. I make most of my own rubs, and almost always have a new BBQ sauce to try homemade or not.

Today, we do Poultry. wish i had some pics, but alas all i have is the finished product.

Started with a 3lb boneless turkey breast. nothing special, whatever the local market had on hand, i think mine is a butterball.

thawed it in the refrigerator a couple days prior to cooking. to start, i used stubbs chipotle butter as an injection for it. injected it about 3 hours prior to cooking to give it some time to soak in. while soaking, i made a simple rub of ground chiplotles, brown sugar, cayenne pepper. and a bit of tubinado sugar, and a bit of kosher salt. a bit of sweet and spicy

fired up the smoker to about 225. Time seems to vary. this is my first time doing a turkey breast, and i found online anywhere from 2 hour up to 5 to do the same size breast. i check the internal temp every time i add water/wood/coal to it and mine took right at 4 hours to get an internal temp of 165.

when i put teh breast on the smoker, instead of placing it directly on the grate, for the first 2 hours or so i had it in a disposable pan with a stick of butter. it kept it moist, and allowed it to catch the drippings of the meat to keep the flavor where i wanted it, in the bird. after teh first 2 hours, i pulled it off and placed it directly on the grate, to allow it to get a better crust on it and finish cooking through.

finished pics coming soon.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.