I need some help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > I need some help!

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip Elim

Unread 10-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I need some help!

Me and my big mouth.
We have a Jeep outing this weekend and I promised everyone that I would smoke some ribs and pork roast.
Well with the number of people that have decided on coming I have decided that I will also be fixing chicken. (whole chickens)
Here is my problem.
The plan is to start the ribs first, doing the 3,2,1 method. The Pork roast and the chicken will be put on around the 4 hour mark.
I usually use Pecan wood to smoke my chicken, will this work well for the Pork roast? I brine the Pork roast so it cooks faster.
Will this over smoke the ribs?
HELP!!!

Unread 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

When they get enough smoke wrap them in foil and leave over low heat.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I do plan on wrapping the ribs in foil after 3 hours, do you think the extra hour in the smoke would over smoke them?
My gut instict would say no, from everything I have read the ribs, even with more smoke will not really taste any different.
Unread 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

ribs and blue grey smoke .

Low and slow.

You are good to go .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Everything came out great!
I fixed 6 racks of ribs, two chickens and one pork loin.
My rack was not big enough to fit the second pork loin so we fixed it in the oven.
Thanks for the help!
I was not able to bring my Jeep so I did miss a day of wheelin.
I am thinking about converting my main box over to propane so after the intial smoke I can set it at a temp and not have to babysit it all day.
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

TSE, I will be happy to help.

I will bring my knife and fork.

got plates ?
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.