Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I need some help!

755 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  phitmein 
#1 ·
Me and my big mouth.
We have a Jeep outing this weekend and I promised everyone that I would smoke some ribs and pork roast.
Well with the number of people that have decided on coming I have decided that I will also be fixing chicken. (whole chickens)
Here is my problem.
The plan is to start the ribs first, doing the 3,2,1 method. The Pork roast and the chicken will be put on around the 4 hour mark.
I usually use Pecan wood to smoke my chicken, will this work well for the Pork roast? I brine the Pork roast so it cooks faster.
Will this over smoke the ribs?
HELP!!!

#3 ·
I do plan on wrapping the ribs in foil after 3 hours, do you think the extra hour in the smoke would over smoke them?
My gut instict would say no, from everything I have read the ribs, even with more smoke will not really taste any different.

#5 ·
Everything came out great!
I fixed 6 racks of ribs, two chickens and one pork loin.
My rack was not big enough to fit the second pork loin so we fixed it in the oven.
Thanks for the help!
I was not able to bring my Jeep so I did miss a day of wheelin.
I am thinking about converting my main box over to propane so after the intial smoke I can set it at a temp and not have to babysit it all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.