Hamburgers. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Hamburgers.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 08-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trying something we seen on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives this evening. Pulled some smoked pork out of the freezer we had leftover from a few weeks ago and we're gonna chop it up and mix it with some ground beef and grill them up over charcoal and a little hickory. Will top them off with grilled onion, bacon, and smoked cheddar. Some with pepper jack cheese. I'll post some pictures in a little while.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Moving right along here. We Chopped about 1 lb of smoked pork, mixed it with 3 lbs of 85/15 ground beef. Added a little pepper and salt, just a little.

image-2741144889.jpg

Unread 08-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Omg, these were awesome. Couldn't find smoked cheddar so went with sharp. Browned some red onion, and jalapeņo in a pan to put on these. Also put bacon on them. You guys should really try this. Sorry no pic of finished product, as soon as they came off the grill there was a stampede in the kitchen. Lol.

Unread 08-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I might have to try that. Sounds delicious.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I have said it here before, but I like to sometimes make burgers with 1/3 hot ground sausage and extra lean 93%(?) ground chuck or whatever .

Yum-yum .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Leftover smoked beef brisket chopped 50/50 with ground chuck is good too, but who has leftover brisket?
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010
Leftover smoked beef brisket chopped 50/50 with ground chuck is good too, but who has leftover brisket?
Lol, true. I'll try the brisket soon. We always have leftover pork because when we smoke we fill the smoker up. We bag and freeze a lot so we can have smoked pork tacos, smoked pork flautas whenever we want. Now some of that will be going for these burgers. , man they were good. That browned red onion with jalapeņo was really good on top of them. Normally we do white onion, and green bell peppers to go with meat but didn't have any in the fridge. Red onion/jalapeņo is no my favorite. Wasn't hot, just had great flavor.

image-3186173917.jpg

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein
I have said it here before, but I like to sometimes make burgers with 1/3 hot ground sausage and extra lean 93%(?) ground chuck or whatever .

Yum-yum .
I've tried that before, must not of chose the right sausage? Mine turned out bland. I'll try it again with the hot sausage.

Unread 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
HobbesMRH

Ooh I might just have to make some burgers this weekend.
HobbesMRH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like to cook thick sliced bacon on the grill with the burgers. The flames help the burgers and when the bacon is done you pile it up on the burgers.
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hard to beat a burger from fresh beef with a thick slab of just ever so very slightly melted Tillamook cheddar on the top with fresh maters.
swirve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.