Grilling fresh caught trout - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Grilling fresh caught trout

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Eric_M

Grilling fresh caught trout

We took the jeep into the mountains last weekend to camp and fish. We caught a couple trout. Grilling it tonight. Little butter and some Tony Chacheres. Angel hair pasta with light Alfredo and scallops. Epic dinner. What was your best dinner with fish you caught??

Eric_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
viimag
1979 CJ5 

Hard to say... Was it fish and chips? Was it fish tacos? Was it plank grilled with a lemon cream sauce on a bed of rice with grilles asparagus? So many options to choose from. Yours does sound pretty tasty also. I love fresh caught trout cooked in tin foil with butter, garlic salt and a little lemon in a bed of coals from a camp fire.
viimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Smoked Catfish
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

One of my favorite fish recipes is Trout caught in the sierras, no seasoning other than a little salt and garlic, cooked over the campfire and served with a beer

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
printingray

Its a great adventure of hunting trout as it only lives in water below the freezing point. One of my friends can do it valiantly. He can go under the cold water and catches them with hands without using any hook. I don't know how he does it!
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

You guys might want to consider ordering some "Ball's General Purpose" Cajun seasoning online, instead of Tony's.
I live in Louisiana and have tried them all. Ball's brand imparts a unique flavor to meats and fish like no other. I got hooked on it several years ago when my friend in Lake Charles, LA prepared a wild hog for us one week, during a salt water fishing trip. I just buy it for about $2.25 or so at a grocery store in Lake Charles while I'm down there on business, but you can order it online. Just be careful and dont use too much...which is easy to do.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
bobby1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

trout

i go old school they way i ate growing up rolled in cornmeal fried in butter salt and pepper to taste they are stockin in Va again and need to get on the river
bobby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
BigAl85
1980 CJ7 

We caught a few trout last weekend and gave them a good smoking.
1020121800.jpg  
BigAl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Crappie and potatoes cooked in cast iron over campfire coals. It's getting to be that time of year.
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Decimals

So many awesome ideas
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
StewF
2002 KJ Liberty 

Stir fry squid in a Weber tray with either paprika or a few drops of encona...with garlic.....
StewF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fill th belly with butter, onions and mushrooms a few crwadads on the side. Cook in tin foil for awhile and then finsih open on the grill. Great meal with a cold beer after a long day!!!
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.