ChrisHager's Grilled Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > ChrisHager's Grilled Thread

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 07-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #91
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I saw an earlier reply about smoking cheese. I don't know how hard it would be to find in your area, not readily available in South Carolina, but where I work in the Middle East we grill Halloumi cheese. It's a hard white cheese, Greek in origin I think, and has a high melting point so you can put it straight on the grill until it is just lightly brown on the outside. It's very good. We nick named it squeaky cheese because it actually makes a squeaky sound when you chew it.

ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #92
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Do you have any recipes for cooking potatos on the grill? I'm not talking baked potatos either

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #93
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I'm gonna have to try your following recipes:

Bacon Stuffed Deer Loin with Steamed/Boiled Onions and Potatoes
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Brats
Creole Beer Butt Chicken (AKA Beer Can Chicken)
Spicy Chicken Wings
Grilled Crab Bites
Smoked Pork Loin
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
Smoked Brisket

I have a really good salmon recipe for you to try. I'll get the recipe today and post it up later for you!

Unread 08-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #94
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Sorry I haven't kept up with this too well. I've done a bit of grilling/smoking that I'll post here in a few minutes after I catch up on a couple of these posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhaler View Post
I saw an earlier reply about smoking cheese. I don't know how hard it would be to find in your area, not readily available in South Carolina, but where I work in the Middle East we grill Halloumi cheese. It's a hard white cheese, Greek in origin I think, and has a high melting point so you can put it straight on the grill until it is just lightly brown on the outside. It's very good. We nick named it squeaky cheese because it actually makes a squeaky sound when you chew it.
I'm going to have to look into this. I would love to try smoking cheese! I would have never thought something as delicate as cheese can be thrown on a grill. I must try this now. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
...I have a really good salmon recipe for you to try. I'll get the recipe today and post it up later for you!
I'm very curious about your recipe. I haven't done fish on the grill since the last salmon recipe I posted. I think it's time that I try some more!

Actually, with that said, I need to go fishing and grill up a whole mess of catfish/bass/bluegill. That would be an awesome weekend.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #95
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Sweet BBQ Brisket

Alright, food time!

Recently, my family came over so we decided to smoke another brisket. I'm not going to do a full write up as it is the same process as the previous brisket, just with a little different ingredients. This one is very simple and results in a nice, sweet flavor.

What you need:
4-5 lb Brisket
Brown Sugar
BBQ Sauce
Frank's Hot Sauce

Rub the brisket with brown sugar. Coat it on thick. Once covered, throw 'er on the grill:

Be sure to rotate it for all 4 sides. When it's about done, start heating up BBQ Sauce and Frank's Hot Sauce in a crock-pot. I just eyeballed the amounts - maybe 4 parts BBQ and 1 part Hot Sauce. It's really up to your preference.

Here's the brisket off the grill:

Sliced (I pulled mine off at about a medium):

I sliced up the whole brisket and dunked it in the crock-pot. Let it simmer for quite a while.

Finished:

I originally sliced it with the intent of eating it on a hoagie bun. Unfortunately, this brisket came off the grill a little tough. I think I rushed it a little too much. So, instead of a sandwich, we fork and knifed it. It still tasted great! I'm giving it a 7/10.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #96
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garlic Deer Steak

Here's another very simple recipe!

What you need:
Deer Steak
Garlic Salt

Yep, that's it! Every now and then, garlic salt really hits the spot. We sprinkled it generously on both sides of the steaks and tossed them on the grill. Cook them for maybe 5 minutes per side and enjoy!

Very simple recipe. Very quick. Very delicious! - 8/10

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #97
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

So, the Sweet BBQ Brisket was grilled last weekend and I believe I did the deer last Wednesday. Somehow, I didn't cook anything this past weekend. I'm absolutely going to have to grill soon! I think I may do some burgers this weekend but haven't fully committed to it yet. I've also considered smoking a pound or two of bacon and building some mean BLT's. If you have any recipe ideas, let me know. I imagine I'll be grilling 2-3 times this week/weekend and would like to mix it up a bit. Feel free to chime in!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #98
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I'm very curious about your recipe. I haven't done fish on the grill since the last salmon recipe I posted. I think it's time that I try some more!

Actually, with that said, I need to go fishing and grill up a whole mess of catfish/bass/bluegill. That would be an awesome weekend.
I forgot about that recipe, I will post it up tonight after work

Unread 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #99
Dusk53
2000 WJ 

hungry, thread makes me hungry.

East Carolina University
Dusk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #100
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

image-4275758886.jpg

Fish like this? Went today and killed rockfish on the southern Oregon coast. 4 limits plus a few added lingcod( see above posted pic ).

image-3245698119.jpg

44" 31#
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #101
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Now that's a fish! Looks like you had a pretty good day!

This nice weather we've finally been having is making me wish I had the time to fish. All of us are so busy right now, I'd be lucky if I had time to work on the jeep!

With that said, between working on my house, helping my brother and his girlfriend move to their new house, and helping another friend run electrical and insulate while he's installing new siding on his house, I've been a bit too busy to grill. I have family visiting in a couple weekends so I'm hoping to get a nice grill in then.

Also, I'm starting to look into building/buying a smoker. I originally thought about building a cabinet style smoker but am torn between that or a drum style smoker. I've been doing some reading from this site:
http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyer...l_smokers.html

The friend that's doing the siding job has a metal shop so I'm covered in that department. Any ideas or suggestions?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #102
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I've been doing some reading from this site:
http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyer...l_smokers.html
Well there went my morning, ha ha.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #103
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

I like the barrel style pits better
Unread 08-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #104
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well my wife did the Marinated Grilled Shrimp tonight. But...... she twisted it a bit to her tastes and it turned out GREAT!

She followed the recipe but subsituted Rotel tomato sauce instead of plain sauce. And used fresh basil out of her herb garden and added a little extra.

My son did the asparagus by cutting the bottom ends off and wet them with olive oil then put some Cavenders Greek seasoning on it and a dash of garlic powder and a little lime juice. Then used the same recipe for the zucchini and squash.

The wife also grilled some pineapple slices and added some brown sugar to the top and garnished them with a cherry!

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #105
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

So I got bored the other day and decided I was going to try something new. I decided to smoke a pot roast. Turned out awesome, made great "steak" sandwiches. Here's how:
2.5# pot roast
4-5 cloves of garlic
Steakhouse onion burger seasoning ( McCormicks I think)
Cherry brandy
Worchestersire sauce
Minced garlic( I used the jar stuff)
Cherry wood chips

Took the roast and plugged it with garlic
Put the onion burger seasoning on like a dry rub
Mixed a 1/2 cup of water, double shot of cherry brandy, minced garlic, and worchestersire sauce in a pan. Brought to a boil, then pulled off and strained. Seared the roast on the high side of the grill then moved to the low side. Add wet wood chips to the smoker box. And a small pie tin to the main box over the coals. Now go back for the basting sauce. I chilled it in the freezer for about 25-30 min. Let it slow cook for 3-3.5 hours at 225-250. Flipped it every 30 min. Also added a Can of water on the high side of the coals to steam (read I ran out of foil). Use the sauce during the last hour. When done threw it on the slicer for sandwiches. French bread and a little mayo was all it needed.

Edit: instead of the water can you can foil wrap it for the last hour. I just happened not to look before I started cooking.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.