ChrisHager's Grilled Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > ChrisHager's Grilled Thread

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 06-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What'd you end up going with?

I know this certainly isn't a fancy concept, but I saw a Juicy Lucy kit at the grocery store recently. Have you seen that Man Vs. Food episode where he eats the burgers filled with molten lava cheese? Take two patties.. smash cheese between them... seal them up. Grill. Enjoy.

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #47
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Unfortunately my brother and his girlfriend didn't come over. The wife and I are working on a homemade magnetic chalkboard and bulletin board so we just threw a pizza on the pizzazz last night.

I'm hoping to get a chance to grill this week - maybe Wednesday - but if not then, I'm sure I'll be doing something Saturday. I might have to try out the lava burger. Around here, we call something like that an 'Inside Out Burger' - two patties with the middles kind of bowled out, fill with toppings (I like mushrooms, bacon, and cheese), smash together, and grill. They are pretty darn good! The cheese only burger sounds very interesting though!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #48
viimag
1979 CJ5 

You could have thrown it on the grill... Takes a little more setup time but it is another excuse to play with fire... :-)
viimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #49
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hahaha good point! I have grilled a frozen pizza before. Definitely good but different as well!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #50
timberwolf0122
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I feel inspired by the inside out Cheese burger, I think I might try and BBQ spaghetti (squash) and cheesy meat balls, I can see that working.
Atheist Jeep Club Member #2
MacGyver Club Member #1
Doctor Who has died 10 times, is on his 11th regeneration and has a time machine, beat that Jesus.
I think he's calling his Jeep "Tardis," which is British slang for pimp mobile. - Dangfoo
timberwolf0122 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #51
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Out of curiosity, how much do you north-westerners spend per pound of salmon? I had to drop right at 10/lb yesterday to get fresh salmon.
$10/lb is a little high. Usually we pay $4-8. $10-12 if it is a big fillet of fresh-never-frozen. $25 if it is Copper River Sockeye.

The thing is that we have so much, it's common to pick up sockeye or chinook at the grocery store at 50% off with 2 days left on the "sell date". So we usually get it in the $4/lb range when we're buying. Never had any problems with quality doing that, either. If there's a lot, we'll buy it all and freeze it.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #52
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I probably need to check into an actual fish market or butcher. I know where I picked it up from the other day isn't the best on prices. If I could get salmon like what I had Sunday at $5 or $6, I'm sure I'd eat much more of it. If I'm lucky, though, I'll be able to get back into my fishing hobby and catch my own!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #53
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I liked salmon. I didn't particularly grow up eating a lot of fish unless we were at the beach on vacation, but even then I still didn't really try a lot of fish.

I did have fish taco's a few months ago that I enjoyed quite a bit though

What are we grilling tonight? I'm off today and tomorrow and thinking about grilling both days. Tomorrow I'm planning to float the river with a friend of mine and if she's down for it, we'll grill on the sketchy camping grills they have on site. Better than a sandwich, right?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #54
Fuddmaster
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I'm hungry now!! I have a vacation coming up and gonna do some of these!! The wife is gonna hate me because I'm not what you call a grilled or a cooker!
Fuddmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #55
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

There's only one way to get good at cooking! Best advice I have if you don't grill is to:
1. Take your time.
2. Avoid flame (unless you are trying to char something).
3. Try not to overcook. It's easy to put food back on the grill if it's not cooked enough. You can not, however, uncook food (unless you have a 1981 DeLorean).
3. To avoid under/overcooking, spend a few bucks on a meat thermometer. That will teach you quite quickly what the meat looks like when it's done.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #56
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just found this thread. You need to make that deer roast again, then vacum seal some of it and mail it to me!

missed lunch and that looked delish

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #57
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Haha if mailing food was possible, I'd send you some! The deer sure turned out good.

That made my gears start turning. My brother is coming in to visit this weekend and I'm trying to decide what to cook on Saturday. I'll have time to do a long grill, believe it or not! I'm starting to ponder another deer roast. I also have been wondering about slow cooking a pork loin or something of that sort. Decisions, decisions!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #58
timberwolf0122
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Haha if mailing food was possible, I'd send you some! The deer sure turned out good.

That made my gears start turning. My brother is coming in to visit this weekend and I'm trying to decide what to cook on Saturday. I'll have time to do a long grill, believe it or not! I'm starting to ponder another deer roast. I also have been wondering about slow cooking a pork loin or something of that sort. Decisions, decisions!
http://www.ehow.com/how_5195526_mail-food-dry-ice.html

Okay can I have some now?
Atheist Jeep Club Member #2
MacGyver Club Member #1
Doctor Who has died 10 times, is on his 11th regeneration and has a time machine, beat that Jesus.
I think he's calling his Jeep "Tardis," which is British slang for pimp mobile. - Dangfoo
timberwolf0122 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #59
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hahahaha nice. We actually used dry ice on a camping trip. We had some food we wanted to last for a few days so we put dry ice in the bottom of the cooler, then regular ice and the food above the dry ice. We were shocked to find that everything had frozen the next day! Crazy stuff!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #60
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Speaking as a pretty crappy griller trying to get better, this is my new favorite thread!!!!

To those who haven't tried it, though, Beer Butt Chicken is the most moist succulent and flavorfull poultry you'll ever have. Dumb-as-rocks easy too! Definitely try it if you haven't. If you don't have a large enough grill, 375* for 2 hours in the oven works decently as well!

Subscribed, good sir. I look forward to learning more and trying some of them for myself!

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.