Chicken & sausages on the smoker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Chicken & sausages on the smoker

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 09-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Chicken & sausages on the smoker

Oh man this was sweet for my Saturday night after the UGA/Tenn game.

The hot italian sausages (links) gave me the usual heartburn right out of the smoker. Next day they calm down a bit but with beers and this I was needing a tums. A spicy mustard and horseradish sauce for dipping probably didn't help that angle out, but you gotta do it right.

The rope was mild.

Chicken was soaked in some leftover sweet georgia red bbq sauce that I had for about 3 hours. Sausages got a brushing of the same after about an hour in here. Soaked in beer for a few hours before putting them on.

Maple for the smoke. A bit over 2 hrs 15 mins at about 235 average. Chicken was great.

bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

I always have a problem with small cuts of bird drying out on the smoker. When I do a full bird it always comes out great though.

Sausages look good. I cant eat very spicy stuff anymore sadly tums and the like wont work.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The breasts were pretty big so they held up. I would pull them a tad sooner next time though. Had a couple potatos in there too, threw them on the grill for a few mins to finish after pulling them.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
SVTour
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858 View Post
I always have a problem with small cuts of bird drying out on the smoker. When I do a full bird it always comes out great though.
+1 on that. I've never mastered smoking things like chicken breasts without them getting dry. So I just grill them straight up...
SVTour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Try stuffing the whole bird with sausage and other stuff, while it's being smoked.

I sometimes use sausage, pineapple chunks ,a little onion, maybe some apple chunks and of course......lots of cajun seasoning.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfrog View Post
Try stuffing the whole bird with sausage and other stuff, while it's being smoked.

I sometimes use sausage, pineapple chunks ,a little onion, maybe some apple chunks and of course......lots of cajun seasoning.
Before I had to cut down the apple trees, I would stuff birds with apples and rosemary from the yard.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.