Brisket smoking time? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Brisket smoking time?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Brisket smoking time?

Hey all, store had briskets marked down to $1/lb,, brought home a 15lb one, does the 1hr/lb apply to brisket?

gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloksrule View Post
Hey all, store had briskets marked down to $1/lb,, brought home a 15lb one, does the 1hr/lb apply to brisket?
You can usually figure about 1.5 hours per pound at 225 degrees for brisket, pork shoulder and other larger pieces of meat.

For me I generally just go buy how long I think it needs then touch it in a few places from the feel of it you can see if its done.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858

You can usually figure about 1.5 hours per pound at 225 degrees for brisket, pork shoulder and other larger pieces of meat.

For me I generally just go buy how long I think it needs then touch it in a few places from the feel of it you can see if its done.
Kool, thanks much
gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.