Big Green Egg - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > Big Green Egg

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 06-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #16
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSB Jeep

I haven't heard of either??? ABT's are really good and really addicting!!
Jalepeno cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in turkey bacon. Smoked for 4-6 hours.

Fireball just uses habanero.

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
CJATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neec0 View Post
Jalepeno cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in turkey bacon. Smoked for 4-6 hours.

Turkey bacon? Really? Full of fail!
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #18
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJATE View Post
Turkey bacon? Really? Full of fail!
Fail? Really? Did you stop and think that turkey bacon won't shrink and shrivel off the ****ing jalepeno before its finished smoking?

Use pancetta than. Or thick cut maple wood bacon. Whatever you want!

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #19
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've been thinking about one of these as well but like others, the price sort of has me turned off.

Does anyone know what the medium costs? I tried looking online but I've found everything from $400 to $1000.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #20
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

BGE Is one of those places where you have to purchase from a certified dealer. Look for your local "patio/outdoor" store and see if they carry it. I have seen prices fluctuate that much around here as well. All depends on the dealer and accesories I suppose.

Unread 06-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #21
CJATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post

Does anyone know what the medium costs? I tried looking online but I've found everything from $400 to $1000.
buying online voids warranty.

local pool place or nice grill place. I called 5 or 7 stores they were all with in 50 bucks.

all in, egg / nest / plate setter ect was a bit over 1k.

if you want an egg, not a knock off that comes with all that stuff:
large egg = ~600
skip the nest and build a table
skip the plate setter and get a spider (Google it)

I've learned a lot seance i got mine, it's grate, but so are the knock offs
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #22
Dcomf

Quote:

The ABT should have meat on it as well, usually a Little Smokie or similar meat product. Turkey bacon would probably get you run out of some towns on a rail. I leave the jalapenos whole and cut the top off and stuff with meat and cheese. Replace the top and bacon wrap. Like you said real bacon will shrink but it works in your favor by holding the top on and keeping cheese from oozing.
Dcomf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
jkc133
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

@ 303_XJ, sound like you're already an egghead. I used to own one, loved it, hard times, had to sell...now I'm loving my (sniff) "Charbroil" Grill
jkc133 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #24
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Fail? Really? Did you stop and think that turkey bacon won't shrink and shrivel off the ****ing jalepeno before its finished smoking?

Use pancetta than. Or thick cut maple wood bacon. Whatever you want!
I make ABTs all the time with my smoker. I use thick maplewod bacon. Works great. my stuffing mixture is what sets mine apart. won a couple ABT competitions with my mixture

First you have to slice in half (keeping the stem on both halfs) and seed

Then you get your mixins right. I have used Pendleton and Jack which the Pendleton was better but most recently Jack Daniels Tennesse Honey and its a winner!!

Smoke and enjoy

Unread 08-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #25
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BGE'er checking in.

Here are some pics...

30-20-10 Wings-

Yellowfin-

Pizza-

Pulled Pork-

Brisket-

Moinks-

SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post
You were told wrong.
"the greatest invention of all mankind"

...is the zipper!
You sir are incorrect. The best invention of all mankind was the button fly jeans. You try to sneak up on a sheep, only to have it run away when it hears you pull your zipper down. The button fly jeans allow you to sneak up, get it out, and get you some. They don't, know what hit them until it is to late.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #27
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape

You sir are incorrect. The best invention of all mankind was the button fly jeans. You try to sneak up on a sheep, only to have it run away when it hears you pull your zipper down. The button fly jeans allow you to sneak up, get it out, and get you some. They don't, know what hit them until it is to late.
You all should heed the words of the master as no one knows of sheep as he does.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Anyone use one? I've been told they are the greatest invention of all mankind but the price is pretty high.
Yep they are awesome ... didn't start out with plans for all these sizes ... we've gotten a little carried away! Bought 3 of them at "Eggfests" at a discount over 3 different years. They are so versatile; we bake, grill, or smoke almost all our meals on them year round. The mini was purchased just because it was so darn cute and it turns out that is the one we use the most!

Trying to figure out if we want to keep all of them and then we'll build a table(s) and get rid of the nests.
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #29
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

When you build a table do yourself a favor and get a real durable top.. my wood one is DESTROYED. I plan on getting some scrap counter grade quartz or granite for a top for my next table.

Did some mussels with Apple wood and a touch of mesquite last night, so good and so so so easy. Open bag, dump onto grate (I use two grates across each other to prevent lemming mussels). Move around, wait until they appear rather done, remove, eat.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #30
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob024 View Post
When you build a table do yourself a favor and get a real durable top.. my wood one is DESTROYED. I plan on getting some scrap counter grade quartz or granite for a top for my next table.

Did some mussels with Apple wood and a touch of mesquite last night, so good and so so so easy. Open bag, dump onto grate (I use two grates across each other to prevent lemming mussels). Move around, wait until they appear rather done, remove, eat.
Planning to use quartz for the table top.

Mussels sound awesome and the double grate is a clever idea. Did you make any dipping sauce for the mussels?
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.