back to basics: Burgers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > BBQ & Grilling > back to basics: Burgers

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was watching Diners, Drive Ins and Dives the other night and he was at some place in Texas that was mixing already cooked brisket into the burger meat. I'm generaly not a fan of mix-ins but that one sounds darn good. I did some at home a few weeks ago with italian sausage folded in because I needed to stretch how much I had to get a few more burgers; that was good for sure.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
TexasYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had never considered mixing in brisket but, that does sound pretty tasty. I will need to remember that for the next batch.
TexasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

For daily-driver burgers, I use the chuck/sirloin 85 patties from BJs. Sprinkle on a bit of Penzey's Northwoods spice, grill 'em on charcoal.. rare to medium-rare.

Grill the bun, add a slice of Vermont Cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and a dab of basil pesto.

mmmmm

There are a few butcher shops (and one chain) around here that make their own hand-formed burgers. And they are quite good. But I find having a good source of frozen patties makes it much more likely that I'll actually grill a few up. Also, frozen patties are easier to get to the crisp-on-the-outside-rare-on-the-inside state
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
fmdualexhaust
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich G View Post
I love buttered buns
Me too!
Oh, you were talking about hamburger buns?
fmdualexhaust is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.