Planning a road trip, need EXPEDITION STYLE trail help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > West Virgina Jeep Forum > Planning a road trip, need EXPEDITION STYLE trail help!!!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Planning a road trip, need EXPEDITION STYLE trail help!!!

Hey guys, living in a big city, I'm starting to go crazy and need to get away for a couple of days. I know this isn't the exact section for this type of post, but I think I can get the most help here. I'm looking for an EXPEDITION type trail, NOT rockcrawling and mudding (basically a dirt road or minor offroading trails to a nice location, ie, mountain top, base of a lake, whatever) somewhere in the North East. Now, I know there is nothing in the immediate vicinity of NYC, but I don't mind driving to get there. Was looking at VT or NH, but I can't find what I am looking for, but I'm sure these roads are there. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions and can point me in the right direction!!! Open to any/all suggestions anywhere in the NE/WV. Prefer near/on mountains to keep the temps in check in June. Another thing to consider, I am going ONLY with the wife, and I don't think she has enough power to drag the Jeep out of trouble, so that is something to consider. Probably going to camp out, so camping friendly locations would be great as well.

Looking for roads like these, keeping me safe and out of major trouble, while still having some fun.

Thanks a million!

nfrs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

GWNF if the trails are still open
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/gwj/recreation/ohv
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.