Green Ridge Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > West Virgina Jeep Forum > Green Ridge Questions

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Green Ridge Questions

Not your typically I want to go wheel there, but I had a few questions for those who have been there recently/more often than me.

Looking to take a camping trip for a few days with my girl friend and the dog. I haven't been out to Green Ridge in years so I figured it would be a great place to set out for. We are going to take the new WJ out so I figured driving along the trails there and camp somewhere off them. Anyone know how that works with camping? Are their spots right off the trail? Also are there any creeks or rivers that the dog can run in fairly close to the trail system?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I've never camped there but I have been 5 or 6 times for the OHV trail. There seemed to be quite a few campsites that are within 50 feet of the trail. There are also creeks but none that I know of are really close to the trail.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Roman2468
2005 WK 

My brother and I are meeting up for the weekend with our dogs to do some hiking, mild wheeling and camping there next weekend. (my wife would love to go, but she just gave birth to our sone last Saturday and wants a few more weeks to relax) I called last week to get all of the details. You will need to check in at the main office to get an OHV permit, if you do not already have one. They are $15, and are good for 1 year. The campsites are first come first serve. You need to check in at the main office for those as well. They are $11/night (I think). When are you looking to go? If you are headed out next weekend, maybe we could meet up. We plan to hike with the dogs Friday afternoon, camp Friday night, hike and wheel on Saturday, camp Saturday night and then leave Sunday around noon. You can find a link to a map on the Green Ridge website that shows where all of the camp sites are.
Roman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You don't need a permit for a licensed vehicle.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Wonder why they said I did? Would I need one because of being from PA?
Unread 07-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
jeep360limited

All you have to do is go to the park office and pick a campsite and fill out some forms and pay a fee, i think its 10 bucks. Drive around, easy but fun trail, you cant drive after dark. There arent any bathrooms and the only thing at your campsite is a firepit and a picnic table.

Hope that helps.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited-----SOLD
jeep360limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.