Canaan Valley WV..Any good wheeling there?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
R1Blueboy
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Canaan Valley WV..Any good wheeling there??

Does anybody know of some good wheeling in the Canaan Valley inWV.. I know it is a big on skiing in the winter months.. My buddies and I r here now for a golf outing and we r wondering if anybody knows if the Offroad scene here is any good!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
tjmdr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I went to Canaan Valley & Blackwater Falls area this summer. There are a lot of forestry roads to explore. At the north end of the valley as you reach the top of the mountain, turn left onto Canaan Loop Road. It will take you over to Blackwater Falls State Park the scenic way. I plan another trip this fall. Jeep + Mountains = Fun!!! If you go, take a trip to Dolly Sods. You won't regret it.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Stagger64
1964 CJ5 

Bunch of land up there is undergoing a lot of changing hands and structure. You can check out the maps of forestry service roads here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...sm9_011385.jpg

Let me know if you have time and want to wheel around Motown.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
JeepNJenn
2015 WK 

I drove down (from Pittsburgh) to Dolly Sods after stopping in for a few moments at Blackwater Falls yesterday. the girl at the desk at BF said that I would get stuck on FR 75 if I attempted it from the park. I wasn't very well prepared, so I heeded her advice and drove the long way up Jordan Run Rd to FR 75. i didn't find it bad on that end at all. I took it up a little ways past Bear Rocks, near the pull off that has a camera symbol on a sign, facing Seneca Rocks. It looks like I would have saved 39 minutes and had more fun if I would have gone FR 19 & 75. I am running a stock JKU and am fairly new to ORV. Thoughts?

FWIW, Google maps actually has that as one of the routes.

__________________________________________________ __________

2015 WK2 Overland ORA II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.