Anyone going to the Snowshoe, WV Jeep Jamboree? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > West Virgina Jeep Forum > Anyone going to the Snowshoe, WV Jeep Jamboree?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Fernman
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone going to the Snowshoe, WV Jeep Jamboree?

I'm thinking about making a trip to my first one. July 8th-10th.

Previous: 00 TJ, 97 XJ, 95 YJ
Fernman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
1966cj5
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ive thought about it, not sure what my schedule will be around that time, but it would be a blast.
Unread 01-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

never been to a jamboree. I've got no kids, is there any parting at night? Do you run the trails by yourself or in a group. I know it would be cool to see that many jeeps at one show, just didn't know the enviroment.
burger3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No idea what my schedule is like, but that's not far from me... I'd definitely try!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

I went in '08. It's a great JJ. Usually muddy. If you're towing your rig, be prepared for some twisty, tight roads. I stayed at the Inn at Snowshoe at the base of the mountain, rather than at the resort at the top. That saved some money, put me closer to the only two gas stations in town, and was only a ten minute trip or so from the muster points up at the resort. Have fun.
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so they let you drive on the ski slopes at this event?
CLIMBaMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

for a $195 a person, is that just food, trails, and event admission? is camping free? I'm not dogging it, i've never been to a jj, but it seems high for a weekend of wheeling.
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

$195 a head?!?!?
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIMBaMTN View Post
so they let you drive on the ski slopes at this event?
No. The trails ridden are, I believe, fire and access roads. Perhaps old logging roads? Depending upon the trail, there can be some pretty challenging stuff. Understand, however, that the max tire size on a JJ is 38" or so, and the Jeeps are street legal. If you have a tricked-out buggy with 44's on it, then everything on a JJ is going to be pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burger3026 View Post
for a $195 a person, is that just food, trails, and event admission? is camping free? I'm not dogging it, i've never been to a jj, but it seems high for a weekend of wheeling.
Yes, that's what you get for the price. Camping/lodging is not free. Yes, it is expensive for a weekend of wheeling. That's kept me from more than one JJ. JJUSA sells their competence, the fellowship of the event, and the access to trails that the general public can't go on (such as Snowshoe--not as much of a selling point for Jamborees occurring on publicly-accessible land). The reason that I occasionally pay for Jeep Jamborees is for the peace of mind. The trails have been pre-run more than once by the guides, they know how to spot through the tough spots, there won't be any downed trees or something getting in your way, and if something should go wrong, there's a support system in place to help you out. Is it worth it? You decide. They're fun, but the dollar trade-off is pretty significant.
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats what I needed to know, thanks 74cj. It's a shame the jj website didn't tell more. I used to live in tazewell just north of you. I saw they were having a jj at windrock also, might just do the trails and go back and see some friends

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.