3rd Annual UFWDA Wheel - In at Snowshoe Mtn., WV Aug. 12,13,14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > West Virgina Jeep Forum > 3rd Annual UFWDA Wheel - In at Snowshoe Mtn., WV Aug. 12,13,14

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

3rd Annual UFWDA Wheel - In at Snowshoe Mtn., WV Aug. 12,13,14

3rd Annual United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel - In at Snowshoe Mountain, WV August 12, 13, and 14.

2 days of guided trailriding at the beautiful Snowshoe Mountain Resort on their private trails and much, much, more!

This is an All Breed 4x4 event. Great trails from mild to wild, so no worries for stock folks, and you experienced folks will have a blast too.

Please visit United Four Wheel Drive Associations Official Site - United Online - An International Organization for more info and to register for this event. Both a link to an enlarged version of the flyer and the link for registration are on the right hand side of the page.

Sign up now, to secure your spot! Be sure to mention that you are with the UFWDA Wheel - In event when you call Snowshoe to reserve your room.

You can keep up to date with the latest details on the UFWDA forum here: Wheel-In 2010 Snowshoe Mountain

Be well,
Richard Drechsel

Director of Environmental Affairs
UFWDA
P.O. Box 16982
Chesapeake, VA 23328
email: landuse @ ufwda.org

Last edited by RichardD; 05-31-2010 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Corrections
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
bean74
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had the opportunity to wheel this past weekend at snowshoe during the pre-run. It is a beautiful area and the trails are great. There is something for everyone....from logging trails to mud pits, from hill climbs to rock gardens.

I really enjoyed myself and if anyone is on the fence about attendeding the wheel-in, it is well worth the trip!!

Here is a link to some pic's:
Pre-Run

Registration deadline is August 1st!!

Anyway, there have been some questions about showing up on Thursday, if it suits you better, you can show up for 8AM Friday morning to register.

Thanks,
Chris Saunders
Director of Environmental Affairs
UFWDA
P.O. Box 16982
Chesapeake, VA 23328
landuse@ufwda.org

Last edited by bean74; 07-10-2010 at 07:42 AM..
bean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
JerseyDoug
Can I go home now?
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hope you don't me chiming in ...

I just got back from Snowshoe and it is a great place. I have a stock jeep with 30" tires and no lift. Had a great time. They have some great trails.
JerseyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
bean74
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDoug View Post
Hope you don't me chiming in ...

I just got back from Snowshoe and it is a great place. I have a stock jeep with 30" tires and no lift. Had a great time. They have some great trails.
Not at all! Glad you enjoyed yourself....do yoiu remember any of the trail names?
bean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
JerseyDoug
Can I go home now?
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean74 View Post
Not at all! Glad you enjoyed yourself....do yoiu remember any of the trail names?
My memory sucks. I even have a hard time remembering the trail guides names!

The first day I did something called ???-Way. I can't remember. It was rated a 3-4 by Jeep Jamboree rating system. The second day I did Route 66, which they had to shorten because it took awhile to get us all through. (Change a flat, chainsaw a few trees, etc. That was rated a 4-5, but with the rain the night before, it became a solid 5, I think.

I my TJ is stock with no lift and 30" tires. I managed to high center myself a few times.
JerseyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear that you had a good time Doug! I wheeled there last year at the UFWDA Snowshoe Mountain Adventure and had a blast!

This years raffle looks to be even bigger than the last 2 years! Come join UFWDA at Snowshoe Mtn. WV for some good times and some great trails too!

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Unread 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey once again folks.

This event is open to everyone, UFWDA members and non members too, just select the correct link when you register.

Registration closes today! So get your registration done ASAP at United Four Wheel Drive Associations Official Site - United Online - An International Organization , just click on the registration link on the right side of the screen.

Don't forget to order your extra Meal Tickets or Tshirts here: Wheel-In Trail Ride : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce .

Here is the tentative schedule of events:

Thursday, August 12, 2010:

4:00 p.m. - Registration opens
- Trail Chef Competition begins
7:00 p.m. - Trail Chef Competition ends and judging begins
7:30 p.m. - Announce the winner of the Trail Chef Competition and present awards
8:00 p.m. - FREE RAFFLE

Friday, August 13, 2010:

8:00 a.m. - Check-in
8:30 a.m. - Driver's meeting
9:00 a.m. - Morning Trail Ride Begins
12:00 p.m. - Afternoon Driver's meeting
12:30 p.m. - Afternoon Trail Ride Begins
4:00 p.m. - All trail rides return
6:00 p.m. - Begin 50/50 Raffle - Entertainment
9:00 p.m. - FREE RAFFLE and 50/50 drawing

Saturday, August 14, 2010 -

8:30 a.m. - Driver's meeting
9:00 a.m. - Morning Trail Ride Begins
12:00 p.m. - Afternoon Driver's meeting
12:30 p.m. - Afternoon Trail ride begins
4:00 p.m. - Trail Ride return
6:00 p.m. - Entertainment/Catered Dinner
7:30 p.m. - Large Raffle

Hope to see you there!

Be well,
Richard

Richard Drechsel
Director of Public Relations
UFWDA
P.O. Box 16982
Chesapeake, VA 23328
email: PRdirector @ UFWDA.ORG(no spaces)
Unread 08-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Registration has been reopened!!!

ATTENTION: Due to popular demand, REGISTRATION HAS BEEN REOPENED until Thursday, August 5th at 11:59PM.

Please note: Your tshirt(s) will not be at the event, but will be mailed to you.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.