Where to get an engine swap done - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Where to get an engine swap done

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 01-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
inkryptic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where to get an engine swap done

I've searched around, and read the threads containing some local shops. I'd like to have an LS1 put in my TJ. I'll supply the drop-out, radiator, ecu, harness, mounts, etc.. need someone with skill and experience to perform the swap for me. This is more than just a take-out-engine-put-in-engine job.

I've called Appalachian Offroad and was told they don't really do this anymore.

Midatlantic 4x4 said they would do it.. anyone have experience with them on this scale?

I'm fine with some after-work guys doing it, too, if they've got the references.

So.. anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

inkryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Midatlantic does engine swaps? They told me they couldn't even build a gas tank skid plate. HUBDEEP has a list of shops he usually posts, he will probably post them here.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
inkryptic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Midatlantic does engine swaps? They told me they couldn't even build a gas tank skid plate. HUBDEEP has a list of shops he usually posts, he will probably post them here.
I've got a friend about to start a 4bt swap with Midatlantic. I'll watch his experience closely.

I saw HUBDEEP's list and started calling down it. I've not talked to anyone at Adrenaline, yet. The Steig's sound promising from HUBDEEPs description... I wonder if they've done this job before.
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
inkryptic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Talked to Jeff at Adrenaline.. he's doing an LS1 swap into a TJ right now, but isn't sure yet how much labor he'll have into it by the time he's done. Hopefully in a couple of weeks he'll have a better idea.
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What are your build plans for the rest of the Jeep?
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
inkryptic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mostly done with the big stuff. Well except for the drive line. 5.7L and a 4l60e with stock xfer case. Stock axles for now. It's already on 35's with a 4.5" lift. I'd actually like to get the high line kit and lower it some.

The body work is done though.
image-3606704307.jpg  
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkryptic View Post

Midatlantic 4x4 said they would do it.. anyone have experience with them on this scale?
I have nothing good to say about them. So I won't say anything.

clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

FYI there is no such thing as a take out the old motor and just drop in the new motor... All the plumbing will be different, wiring, and such.

With that said feel free to give me a call tomorrow. Have done LS swaps and was doing the one for Jeff at Adrenaline. I can also say the one that is at Jeff's came from Mid Atlantic after they said they couldn't do it...

443-951-5337
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
inkryptic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know; I was hoping to avoid offers of help from people unfamiliar with the work involved.

I've got a family member who has done the swap. Not local though. He's got both ECUs running so he could keep the jeep gauges. The whole thing is very factory looking.
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
PENNSHOPCUSTOMS

give me a call 3019564166. mike pennshopcustoms. done over 10 ls swaps including mustangs, s10s, miatas, as well and any custom fab work can be done. Powdercoating and sandblasting included!
PENNSHOPCUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.