Soft top issue, looking for a local fix... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Soft top issue, looking for a local fix...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
kennycrybaby

Soft top issue, looking for a local fix...

My top has gotten really jacked up on my 2006 LJ. The sun rider top has broken, or backed screws out repeatedly. When I was closing it up for the winter, ONE side window wouldn't fit on. The rear sail flaps constantly come undone, and the zipper for the back windshield just came off as well. It has seen better days. But even in the summer, it is too shrunken to fit the plastic clips around the door surrounds. This winter it has gotten worse, and is like four inches away from the body of the Jeep. Worst part-- the plastic lip that attaches the windows and sail flaps to the body on on of the sail flaps is losing its shape, so even if it does reach, i doubt it will hook, and doubt even more that it'll hold. I have a guy in Annapolis with a spare top that i THINK is the stock LJ top for a good deal that I am gonna grab just in case, but does anyone have any experiences like this, or recommendations on where to take it to try and get it back to normal? Adrenaline is the closest, Jeff did my lift and fixed my 4 wheel drive, but he is always booked full when I email him now.

kennycrybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.