Rt 200 IIC experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Rt 200 IIC experience

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rt 200 IIC experience

Pa boy here. Was in the DC/Baltimore area this past weekend. On my way to my friends house my GPS took me on the IIC from Columbia to Rockville.

Anyway, I misunderstood the signs for the toll road. "no cash" or as I thought, no person in booth to give you change. Quickly realized this is an ez-pass only highway.

Not having an ez-pass. What sort of fine am I looking at? Anyone have experience here.

cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have any experience with it but here's what I found:

Quote:
  • Tolls vary to help manage traffic volumes with a higher toll charged during peak hours and a lower toll charged during off-peak and overnight hours.
  • Since there are no toll booths, having an E-ZPassŪ is the most convenient way to use the ICC. Video tolling is an alternative to E-ZPass, but is not recommended for frequent travelers. Toll facility customers who do not have an E-ZPass and travel the ICC will be sent a bill in the mail and charged the Video Toll Rate (VRT). VRTs at all Maryland toll facilities are 150% of the base toll rates with a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $15 above the base toll rate.
http://www.mdta.maryland.gov/TollFacilities/ICC.html
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks!
cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.