Rock slider suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Rock slider suggestions

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Mark0225
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rock slider suggestions

In the process of protecting my TJ and would like to get input on some Rock sliders for under my rocker panels. I already have diamond plate rocker panels so I do not want the type that incorporates the panels and sliders.

I have a 4" lift and 1 1/4 BL also so I want to be able to use it as a step for the wife so it needs to stick out a little. Also do not want to drill into the tub if i can help it. Toughness and functionality primary concern. Appreciate your feedback.

Mark0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ro.../#post11051996

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
With rare exception, your choice in rails is commensurate with your wheeling experience level and difficulty levels.

Those that play just a tad bit harder in difficult terrain understand the ramifications and the loss of clearance where you need it the most.

Those that don't can be well served with frame mounted rails, transfer case drops, stock control arms, no SYE's, and street tires.
Looks to me like all, or most, of the good companies out there are only making body-mounted. A to Z Fabrication, for example, makes nice rails but they are body mounted.

My advice would be to remove the diamond plate and go from there.

To give you some feedback directly answering your question, I'd go custom. That way whoever welds them up for you can keep them high, to go with your body lift, otherwise a bolt-on frame mounted rail would be 1 and 1/4" farther apart from the tub than it was meant to be.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.