RI transfer case swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > RI transfer case swap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
jdumont
1999 XJ Cherokee 

RI transfer case swap

Anyone feel like helping me do one on my 99 XJ? Been hearing all sorts of scratchy and bearing noises since i bought it. Considering getting a JY unit for cheap and trying my luck.

I pay in beer and you can take the old 231 TC...

jdumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
oteps
1980 CJ5 

I normally work for beer but thats a long drive, I live in PA. They arent too hard to do, you just need another person and a floor jack to make it easier.
oteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I'd be willing to stand around, drink beer, and crack jokes while you do all the work. Close enough?
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
jdumont
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe...if you wear a clown suit while getting drunk maybe it will stop me from the inevitable swearing/rage that accompanies all jeep projects.
Unread 11-10-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

So where are you at? Ocean State Jeepsters tackle this sort of project in one of our members garage from time-to-time.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
jdumont
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Im living in Coventry near the super Wally World. Pretty sure ive seen some of you guys around town. I used to have a White Liberty lifted 3" with Herculiner all around the lower half of it and an ARB until a couple months ago when I got this XJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.