Possible Relocation to MD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Possible Relocation to MD

Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Possible Relocation to MD

Hey all,

I am going to interview for a job in Columbia, MD this week. If it works out I will be relocating in the next year or so. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on locations to move to, where to wheel, hunt, chill. My wife and I have some sticker shock over the housing prices at the moment. Wow! MD is expensive!!

Anyway, I hope to have the Fam, Bird dog, and WJ out there later this summer. Thanks in advance for any help!

fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
TheBestWes

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Maryland is not a very free place for wheeling. It's hard to come by. Almost all ohv trails are closed. I haven't heard of anywhere near Columbia. Bottom line, it's a big bummer.
TheBestWes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Well that's not an exciting answer. What about fees for driving on the beach? Is that still possible?
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
TheBestWes

2003 TJ Wrangler 

From my understanding, assateague island is still available for driving. You have to have a jack, peice of wood, and shovel before they'll let you drive(I think). At ocean city, jeep week is beach driving. Might be some other times/particular places, but I don't trust my jeep in oc so I'm no expert.
TheBestWes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Don't trust it?
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterjd79 View Post
Don't trust it?
---
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I take my jeep to OC a lot, and I never have issues with the local leos. Yes, you can get a permit for Assateaque and/or the Delaware beaches; both of them are geared towards those wanting access for surf fishing.

MD has next to nothing trails wise; most go south to Big Dogs or north to Rausch Creek.

If you can get past the initial inspection for the Jeep there are no annual ones to deal with other than the emissions tax every few years.

Go away from Columbia/Ellicott City to find less expensive housing, but cheap is going to be hard. Check Carroll County, it may be better. You will drive more, but realestate may be cheaper.

Good luck.
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
masagmarod
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hope you had good news about the job, if you did and want a great real estate agent pm me and I will get you the name. I just moved from California and had to go thru that whole process, it was a pain! I like Howard county, but it is expensive.
masagmarod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.